Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Account Executive, North America Merchant Sales - Healthcare Segment, is responsible for executing sales strategies to expand access & increase acceptance in North America Healthcare segment. We need both a tactical & strategic account executive to sell new Visa acceptance & products/ services into targeted merchants/segments, payment facilitators & various 3rd parties. You will work closely with internal & external partners to ensure appropriate communication flows & sustain business relationships.
- Achieve annual revenue, payment volume & new acceptance location goals
- Execute customized account/segment plans to increase sales volume & market share in Healthcare Categories including Allergy, Fertility, & Physical Therapy
- Build new sales & revenue generating opportunities
- Manage existing merchant & partner relationships with an emphasis on adding new acceptance & selling in Visa products & services
- Prepare proposals & negotiate contractual relationships with merchants / processors
- Develop segment & client expertise
- Foster productive relationships at all levels with the client & the Visa organization
- Develop an understanding of the customers' business including payment strategies across all product platforms
- Actively participate & lead various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned
- Provide consistent sales reporting
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Card Payment experience is preferred
- Sales and/or relationship management experience preferred
- Understanding of Healthcare market
- Familiar with the card transaction process & new payment technologies
- Experienced selling to Merchants & Processors
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office software applications & Salesforce.com
- Skills include planning, managing & closing complex, competitive sales opportunities
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work ~10% of the time.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.