--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
This position can be based in our New York or Washington offices or remote within the United States.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI & public data to work for our clients, generating relevant & actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, & NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events & emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public & private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, & respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth & innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 & Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for Most Innovative Use of AI from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team & help the world manage risk in real time. Youll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, & have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're an information security leader with a background in security architecture or engineering. You have experience developing, implementing, & managing complex security programs that reduce operational risk.
You understand the importance of being flexible, creative, & resourceful in order to design an information security program that addresses the specific business challenges of an innovative, fast-growing SaaS platform. You know how to interact & communicate across the organization, using your domain knowledge & acumen to inspire confidence & trust amongst both technology & business leaders.
As Dataminr's Chief Information Security Officer, you'll own all elements of Dataminr's global information security program & be accountable for the security & protection of all information entrusted to Dataminr by its customers, partners, & employees. Ultimately, you'll be responsible for creating an organizational culture where information security is ingrained into the fabric of Dataminr's standard business operations.
- Conduct a thorough evaluation of Dataminr's security needs, priorities & opportunities in order to visualize, create, & execute on an information security program from its inception
- Design & develop an information security program roadmap to align & scale with company growth
- Lead security assessment & testing processes, including but not limited to penetration testing, vulnerability management, & secure software development at a global level
- Plan for & manage incident response plans while minimizing effect on the business
- Develop & extend security tooling & automation efforts across the organization
- Proactively identify security issues & potential threats & continuously build processes & design systems to watch for & protect against them
- Lead compliance activities including external audits, regulatory compliance projects, & overall information security reviews
- Educate the organization about these threats & implement threat protection measures at a global level
- Serve as information security expert in front of the Executive team
- Advocate for secure application & infrastructure best practices, ensuring a security presence at all stages of the software development lifecycle
- Manage relationships with external information security technology vendors & specialized information security professional services firms
- Attract, develop, & retain a highly talented team as the information security program grows
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the information security space, preferably with both large & small, high-growth companies
- Expert experience with cloud security, platforms & services, including understanding of current security offerings from leading cloud service providers (e.g. AWS), & their applicability to securing a SaaS enterprise security environment
- Experience in the evaluation & implementation of industry standard enterprise wide information security technologies & concepts, including but not limited to: Application Security, Cloud Security (AWS), Data Loss Prevention, Security Event Management, GRC Tools, Threat & Vulnerability Management & Identity & Access Management.
- Clear understanding of relevant information security governance, technical & security standards & regulations
- Familiarity with industry security standards including NIST 800-53, ISO 27001 & ISO 27018 as well as current data privacy regulations, including GDPR & regional standards.
- Deep knowledge of networking & network security
- Strong understanding & experience with Secure SDLC & DevSecOps or security automation
- Ability to work under pressure across multiple stakeholders
- Excellent written & communication skills & ability to communicate across all levels of an organization
Why you should work here:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave & 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks & beverages, & catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.