At Oscar, we are working hard to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
The Network Partnerships team is responsible for managing & growing a set of relationships across our network of health system & provider partners. The team strives to construct & continuously improve Oscars system, facility, & provider agreements to ensure that our strategic vision, operational standards, & financial interests are reflected in our network partnerships.
As a Market Lead, you & your team will manage a set of markets & provider partner (health systems, provider groups, etc) relationships with the goal of ensuring your markets are operating effectively & efficiently, from both a business & member experience standpoint.
You will also serve as the subject matter expert on your markets & collaborate with internal stakeholders (including leadership) to understand Oscars business goals to strategically influence the evolution of our partnership strategies.
- Own your markets & be held accountable for the health of your business (Market KPIs, & operational improvement opportunities) across all product lines (Commercial & Medicare Advantage)
- Build & strengthen relationships with various stakeholders at hospital systems & other major provider partners
- Leverage relationships to assist high level deal negotiations in respective markets
- Be the voice of your markets. Synthesize & prioritize feedback from network partners to drive internal improvement in operations & strategic projects
- Manage & develop a team of outstanding Account Managers to build & maintain smooth day-to-day operations
- Work collaboratively with other market leaders & operational teams to further develop & scale Oscars Network Partnerships operations
- Drive regular in-person discussions with key stakeholders at current, prospective & out-of-network partners
- Gain broad & deep understanding of your markets through research, attending industry events, conferences, & travelling across the market.
- Expected Travel: 25%
- Have 6+ years of experience in management consulting, account management, or in a client-facing role
- Direct experience with & a deep understanding of healthcare operations & provider/payer dynamics
- Excellent leadership & people management skills to drive results
- Cross-team collaboration skills to drive a wide range of initiatives across many stakeholders
- Enjoy managing complex processes & are comfortable with shifting priorities & deadlines
- Ability to identify opportunities, develop strategy, create action plans, & drive to implementation
- Are experienced at building teams
- Are excited by the challenges of a constantly evolving, high-growth start-up that will require you to build the tools & processes you need to do your job well
- Have strong analytical skills, including a high degree of comfort with Microsoft Office & Google Suite, Slack & a strong giphy game
- Have excellent verbal & written communication skills, & enjoy the opportunity to lead discussions frequently with internal & external leadership
- Have experience interfacing with technical teams
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.