Title:Lead/Senior iOS Engineer
Location:New York, NY
Stakes is a gamified group chat where you make real-time predictions & win prizes for free. Our mission is to foster deeper connections by making the shared experience around live sports more exciting. We recently partnered with the NBA Champion Toronto Raptors to complete a successful pilot.
We're looking for a Lead Mobile Software Engineer to join our core founding team. As a key member of the team, you'll build out our technology platform, have influence on our product strategy by helping define the product features, refine system architecture, & spearhead best practices that enable a high-quality product. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, & strong communication skills are absolute requirements.
This is the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, small, & flat organization responsible for developing a massive consumer product. If you love sports & are looking for an opportunity to directly see your work impact the business, this could be the role for you!
What you'll do:
- Work directly with the founders to execute the vision of the company
- Collaborate with mobile front-end & back-end engineers to build new features & fix bugs
- Design the architecture of the platform & find the balance between speed & scalability
- Be involved in all facets of a fast-growing technology startup including operations, business development & design.
- Write automated tests for the platform
Who you are:
- 3+ years of professional mobile software development experience
- An exceptional skilled & hungry engineer & problem solver
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- You can understand & articulate the design & architecture of the entire system.
- You are eager to work openly & collaboratively with a diverse team
- You feel comfortable working in a tech-driven environment with the ability to coordinate across several stakeholder groups (Engineering, Operations, Marketing, HR, etc.)
- Proactive self-starter
- You are driven to learn new technologies
- Passion for sports is a huge plus
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation & equity share in a growing business
- Flexible schedule & unlimited PTO
- Benefits coverage including medical, dental, vision
- 401k plan with dollar-for-dollar company match
- A fun, vibrant office environment in exciting DUMBO with a well-stocked snack bar. We are surrounded by other young technology & creative professionals in one of the most picturesque neighborhoods in the world!
- An opportunity to build a massive consumer product that can have a significant impact on the world