Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring for our news apprenticeship program!
Why it Matters: The Axios News Apprenticeship is a 12-month long program providing aspiring journalists with real-world experience learning best journalism practices, writing & editing on a breaking news desk. Each cohort will learn how to deliver content worthy of peoples time & attention in our signature Smart Brevity style. Each apprenticeship cohort will undergo a rigorous training program where they will learn how to work on the Axios news desk.
Go Deeper: Pending a successful completion of the program, the apprentice could be considered for permanent opportunities at Axios. Hiring is wholly dependent on performance throughout the program & Axios business needs.
The Details: Each Apprentice will be benchmarked throughout the program on the below competencies. These competencies were chosen as they are key to finding success here at Axios as well as finding success at other publications.
- Experience with business topics is a plus
- Work ethic
- Ability to improve skills through feedback
- Ability to collaborate
- Willingness to learn
- Writing skills
- Communication skills
- Journalistic integrity
- News judgement
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter & cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, & diverse work culture
- Annual learning & development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents & caretakers
- Access to the Axios Family Fund, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass Discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events