Vimeo's Upload Platform team is responsible for the systems & services that handle millions of user uploads per month.
As a member of the Upload Platform team, youll work closely with the other team members to ensure the upload infrastructure is always up & running, write APIs to interface with other systems, & work with other teams to improve the end-users experience.
We own the services we write, which means following the best practices when it comes to writing code, writing tests, & ensuring the apps are properly instrumented.
What you'll do:
- Design, develop & maintain Vimeos video upload infrastructure.
- Work with the team to build frameworks to simplify deployment & testing.
- Deliver innovative video solutions in collaboration with Video Platform, Video Encoding & other Product Engineering teams
- Architect scalable, observable systems in collaboration with Cloud providers to deliver high quality user experience.
- Evaluate & propose new solutions to improve performance & cost.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 7+ years of experience programming for distributed systems.
- Experience designing & implementing scalable systems in the cloud.
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker) & orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes).
- Write high-quality code, tests & make sure your services are monitored.
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Experience with Go.
- Experience with Google Cloud.
- Experience working with video technologies (FFmpeg, HLS, Dash, etc.).
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform).
Targeted Base Salary Range: $162,000 to $226,000
The base salary range listed above is for candidates located in the U.S., including the New York City metro area.
At Vimeo, we strive to hire & nurture amazing talent across the globe. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to experience, specialized skills, internal alignment & a candidates home base.
Base salary is just one component of Vimeos total rewards philosophy. We offer a wide range of benefits & perks that appeal to the variety of needs across our diverse employee base! Other rewards may include bonus or commission, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), paid time off, generous 401k match, wellbeing resources, & more.
Vimeo (NASDAQ:VMEO) is the worlds most innovative video experience platform. We enable anyone to create high-quality video experiences to connect better & bring ideas to life. We proudly serve our growing community of nearly 300 million users from creative storytellers to globally distributed teams at the worlds largest companies. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse & global community. Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity, & inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, & strengthen our culture.