Who we are
At Justworks, youll enjoy a welcoming & casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, & the ability to interact with & learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard & care about our most prized asset - our people.
Were helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. Were data-driven & never stop iterating. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful & having fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals & shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product & in our team.
If this sounds like you, youll fit right in.
Justworks is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team. As a successful candidate, you have demonstrated the ability to build, deploy & maintain features of large-scale, distributed applications. You understand the concept of separation of concerns & have leveraged design patterns to solve technical challenges. You understand & use automated testing as a productivity multiplier.
The Time & Attendance team is primarily responsible for all aspects of time tracking within the Justworks application. This includes time entry, approvals processes, integrations with relevant third parties, reporting, etc. You will work closely with senior engineers to scope, design, & build new features & functionality in this area. Your initial focus will be integrating our clock in/out application with our main web application, including the timecard product.
What you'll do
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, product managers, & designers
- Build features & functionality that our customers use directly, typically in an iterative fashion taking into account user feedback
- Implement services & integrations with internal & external clients/engineering teams
- Design systems with privacy, security, & scalability as top concerns
- Minimum of 3 years of professional hands-on experience
- Strong object-oriented design & coding skills
- Solid understanding of data structures & algorithms
- Experience working with complicated systems at scale
- Experience leveraging APIs and/or webhooks
Technologies We Use
- ElasticSearch, Docker, InfluxDB, Redshift, Jenkins, Nagios
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, & life experience is the norm & is celebrated authentically & respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people & our product drives creativity & innovation, entrepreneurial leadership & integrity, competitiveness & collaboration throughout our business & in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, & our product accessible to all of our customers.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.