Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Analyst to join our Compliance Audit & Monitoring team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role:
The Compliance Audit & Monitoring unit ensures that Oscar & its stakeholders consistently demonstrate their adherence to applicable laws, regulations, & rules & that their own activities to ensure compliance are robust & validated. Sitting within the Compliance team that supports & oversees Oscar's tech platform, called "+Oscar" (i.e., the entity that provides management services to Oscar's own insurance companies, as well as to its clients & strategic partners), the Compliance Audit & Monitoring unit works with all operational teams & delegates.
As an Analyst within the Compliance Audit & Monitoring unit, you will operate & manage the systems through which +Oscar ingests & evaluates reports from all operational teams & delegates on their compliance performance and, eventually, through which your unit monitors this performance in real-time. You will also support your team in organizing & conducting audits of +Oscar's operations & those of its delegates, working toward active participation in these audits & helping to compile the resulting reports. In this work, you will be exposed to the full array of operational activities at +Oscar, in Oscar's licensed insurance entities, & among those delegates that provide services on Oscar's behalf.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Compliance Audit & Monitoring.
- Maintain, operate, & constantly seek to improve the systems through which +Oscar fulfills its monitoring & auditing obligations, & ensures appropriate assignment of ownership & accountability for successful fulfillment of these obligations.
- Assign requests for monitoring or auditing deliverables to the correct parties, work with them to ensure timely & accurate completion, & with time involve yourself in evaluating the compliance of these deliverables.
- Build & maintain new trackers as audits are initiated.
- Help draft audit reports, as well as reports of monitoring & auditing activities delivered to internal & external venues (including the Compliance Committee).
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Experience managing complicated projects, keeping track of details, & staging work to deliver projects on time
- Crystal-clear written & verbal communication skills
- Experience in a healthcare, health insurance, health tech, and/or start-up environment
- CHC, CCEC, or similar
- Familiarity with health insurance regulations, whether in the commercial or Medicare domains
- Operational or internal audit experience
- Sequel or other coding fluency (to help design or build monitoring dashboards)
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.