Company Description|Job Description
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization - providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud & unstructured sources, & the agilest data services provisioning & governance - at less than half the cost of traditional data integration. Denodo's customers have gained significant business agility & ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web & cloud integration, single-view applications, & SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
In the 2015 Forrester Wave for Enterprise Data Virtualization, Forrester recognized Denodo as a leader in Data Virtualization & mentioned, Denodo is executing well on its vision to support more enhanced connectors & adapters to new sources; improve scale & performance to support complex & real-time analytics, & integrate with leading in-memory computing & cloud platforms.
Denodo is looking for a creative, focused, well-organized & highly-motivated individual to drive their Partner & Channel Sales in North America / APAC. This individual will win, maintain, & expand relationships with channel, reseller, & systems integrator / consulting partners & is responsible for achieving sales, profitability, & partner recruitment objectives. The role carries an Indirect / Influenced Sales quota & requires working closely with marketing to drive joint demand-generation & with Direct Sales colleagues in the field to accelerate opportunities through partners. Operating at a strategic level, the candidate will help create new programs & incentives to grow partner ecosystem for sales & services that meet the needs of both partners & customers, so this position is not routine.
Recruitment, Enablement, Development
- Proactively recruits new qualifying partners
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, & validates partner needs, gaps & requirements to be successful on an ongoing basis.
- Develop training materials, create presentations for resellers. Coordinate with other company teams to deliver adequate partner training for business & technical skills
- Leads solution development efforts that best address end-user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company & partner personnel.
Sales Planning & Execution
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, & critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including direct sales, marketing, support, services, & management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives & partners' expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume & strategic objectives in assigned territory & partner accounts.
- Depending on the territory may achieve revenue goals working in several sales models:
- Direct territories: Generate opportunities through partners & connect with Denodo direct sales teams in those territories to consummate sale
- Indirect-only territories: Sells through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- VARs: Enable partner organizations to handle unassisted sales to end users
- Build a strong partner pipeline through co-marketing programs, account & field mapping of company & partner sellers
- Provide regular governance, reporting, & management of indirect & joint/co-selling activities.
General Partner Management
- Manages potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally & externally, & through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements.
- Drives adoption of company programs among assigned partners
- Monitors performance of partners & coaches them to higher levels of success.
- Assist the overall business development team in developing good PRM systems, efficient partner workflows, company & partner performance reporting, partner marketing & support activities to enhance the partner program.
Accountabilities & Performance Measures
- Achieves assigned sales quota (Indirect / Partner-Influenced Sales) in the territory. Achieve intermediate metrics for partner-driven sales activity, client meetings, & opportunities.
- Meets assigned expectations for profitability.
- Completes partner account plans that meet company standards.
- Maintains high partner satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes required training & development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Achieve assigned goals for growing Denodo-certified consultants in partner firms
- Reports to the SVP in Strategy & Business Development Group
- Enlists the support of territory direct sales, inside sales, marketing, service resources, & other sales & management resources as needed.
- Closely coordinates company executive involvement with partner & end-user customer management as appropriate.
- This position may have direct report staff assigned to support responsibilities within specific territories or programs.
- BS/BA or higher degree
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in a similar role with a strong focus on indirect sales & channel development for a software company.
- Track record of results-oriented sales & partner management that sets & achieves metrics for partner recruiting, enablement, opportunity generation, revenue.
- Excellent knowledge & experience of the workings of reseller, systems integrator & consulting ecosystem. Past relationships & network is a plus.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills to be able to interact with technical & business counterparts both within & outside the company.
- Professional sales training would be an advantage but not essential.
- Willingness to travel around 25-50%.
- Be a team worker with a positive attitude.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value & welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, & we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.