BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is searching for an experienced creative producer to work on projects across our slate of editorial longform series. Your role will report into the Supervising Producer of Series & partner across teams to ensure series youre working on are successfully delivered within established timelines. You will partner with the Director or Lead Producer on each series to collaboratively execute the creative vision while partnering across departments to ensure all stakeholders are aligned. An ideal candidate will have a strong creative producing background in unscripted digital media, excel at creative problem-solving, be a clear communicator, & thrive as a collaborator.
- Partner with the Director or Lead Producer of series youre assigned to & work with stakeholders across departments to execute the creative vision within a set timeline
- Work across multiple projects at a time through different stages of production
- Manage weekly meetings & cross-departmental syncs, briefing teams like Production, Post, Art Dept, Publishing, Casting, PR, & Culinary as needed
- Offer creative input & expertise on projects from development through post
- Coordinate with external talent or partners as needed & ensure expectations are clear
- Connect with Supervising Produce to share status updates & ensure all timeline milestones are met
- Have visibility on slating, budgeting, & resourcing for series youre assigned to
- Leave creative notes during Post Production & troubleshoot challenges with Post team
- Collaboratively brainstorm with the Supervising Producer, Publishing, & PR on promotional plans & social activations
- Share learnings during Post Mortems, providing input on how the execution of a series can be improved if it is continued
- Analyze data & collaboratively brainstorm how to best apply learnings creatively to improve performance
- At least 4 years of experience in digital video production
- At least 2 years of experience as a creative producer for digital longform series, ideally unscripted
- Excellent creative skills, development experience is a plus
- Strong organizational & communication skills
- Experience working with large interdepartmental teams on projects
- A strong understanding of the technical & creative fundamentals of the pre-production to post workflow
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, & collaboratively problem-solve creatively under tight timelines
- A strong understanding of how creative choices impact a budget to ensure actuals do not exceed a given budget
- Ability to successfully execute delegated tasks & clearly communicate with manager
- Experience working across multiple verticals & topics
- Excellence at spotting potential problems & identifying various solutions or ideas
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines from daily to week & month-long assignments
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.