Build the programs to help Flexport grow
Our team works cross functionally with our partners in IT Operations Engineering, Security, People Ops, & other teams to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations & resolve issues. We onboard new employees, provision new hardware, provide hands-on support & adhere to security standards for all Flexport employees globally. Ultimately we are responsible for supporting Flexport around the world, in over 12 offices in 6 different countries
Flexport is looking for an IT Support Technician who is passionate about providing an amazing customer experience, while delivering outstanding technical support. You will be a customer service & support evangelist, working full time at our help desk & assisting our customers via in person walkup, support tickets, email, or chat as needed. You love building relationships, both with customers/business partners, & IT team members alike. You are passionate about IT end user support, have a background in Mac software & hardware troubleshooting, & are hungry to learn enterprise IT from the ground up.
- Provide support at our IT Help Desk, full time, during normal business hours
- Build & configure new hire laptops
- Deploy & configure VOIP phones
- Provision & track loaner systems
- Work with employees to perform computer upgrades & migrations
- Provide first tier support for AV issues
- Process returned assets & prepare them for reuse/recycle
You Should Have:
- You are awesome at providing technical support, & love solving problems.
- You have a high level of professionalism & passion for customer service.
- You love the details, including maintaining & updating IT documentation & procedures.
- You understand the importance of asset inventory & how to maintain an organized help desk.
- You love standards & understand that consistency & adherence to best practices helps any organization scale.
- 1-2 years experience of IT Support in a professional environment
- Some experience with support ticket management & tracking
- Strong customer service, problem solving, & teamwork abilities
- Outstanding communication & interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of Mac OS, iOS & Android (ACMT preferred)
- Basic knowledge of Windows 10
- Network fundamentals (laptop connectivity, VPN, printing)
- Familiar with GSuite
- Basic knowledge of audio/video troubleshooting & support
- Ability to participate in a support schedule that may include after hours & weekend support
- Some heavy lifting required
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.