Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
- Signature Client Head, Global Major Account
- UK & Ireland Regional Managing Director
- 6 people with the view of growing the team to ca. 12 - 15
This role is an influencing leadership position that will require the successful individual to galvanize teams across Visa's Europe & global territories:
- Business Development, Account Managers throughout UK & Ireland, Europe Regions & global
- Managing Director Europe Regions & cluster RMDs
- Regional Presidents / Regional Heads
- Global Head of Visa Business Services & Regional Head Europe
- Global Head of Visa Consulting Analytics & Regional Head Europe
Main Focusand Challenges
The Signature Client Head for Visa UK & Ireland is responsible for growing the business with one of Visa's largest & most complex clients in the region. This position is responsible for increasing strategic value to the client, growing client & Visa revenue, & strengthening executive relationships through identifying & implementing strategic growth opportunities. The position will lead both a core & cross-functional team of internal partners & will work closely with client executives to create value for both organization.
- Responsible for the growth, profitability, performance & operation of the payments business for one of Visa's largest & most complex Financial Institution clients
- Manage the client's consumer credit, commercial, small business, debit & prepaid payments vision & strategy on Visa products & provide the leadership & focus to drive results; develop strategic relationships with the senior most management & all decision makers
Create & implement innovative solutions that drive the client's strategic priorities
- Expand & complement the considerable business skills of the team with experience in sales, product development, project management, business development, marketing & operations
- Manage & maximize the return on all resources applied to the client including sales, product, marketing, technology & operations resources
- Demonstrate leadership in setting payments strategy for the client in association with internal Visa stakeholders & the client executive team
- Key to the success of this role will be his/her ability to engage with marketing & product development in launching new products/services or expanding penetration of existing products/services into the client. He/she must take hands on leadership in this area & ensure the company's products/services are solutions that bring value to & are embraced by the client. Ideally, this position will bring vision & foresight that translate into product/service definition, in advance of the client's recognition of need.
- Define opportunities for share vision & digital partnerships in order to deliver enhanced customer experiences to the client
- Establish & manage an excellent account team (both direct & matrix) & organize it as a cohesive entity to pursue a range of business opportunities over the short & long term
- Responsibility for engaging senior Visa management with a broad group of relevant client stakeholders in strategic & business development conversations
- Analyze & carefully monitor on an ongoing basis market trends, activities & competitor actions to enable the account team to develop & implement pre-emptive strategies & plans for the client
Consultative Selling - Win New Business Opportunities
Identify, pursue & close new business opportunities that drive incremental revenue to Visa & the client, & secure brand decisions for Visa
Excellence at understanding client needs & pain points in order to be a trusted partner & act as an ambassador for the client internally & Visa externally
Financial Acumen - Shape Financial Results
Apply financial analyses to evaluate business opportunities & make strategic choices
Ensure that budget, profitability & earnings targets are based on valid assumptions & appropriate business models
Experience in client P&L management is a plus
Results Orientation - Drive Organizational Success
Get results that have a clear, positive direct impact on business performance
Enthusiastically support the organization & influence others to commit to its mission & vision
Influencing & Relationship Management - Collaboration & Enablement
Building deep & trusted relationships externally & internally, in order to drive excellence in signature client account
Leads with humility & an understanding of how to bring people together, in order to collaborate across organizations & functions
Extensive business experience with sales, consultative sales & management experience in the payments industry or similar experience in consulting / solution selling
Proven ability to create strategic solutions (product/business development, marketing, and/or technology solutions) & implement them to drive top line results
Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives & operational decisions across matrixed organisations
Demonstrated track record of planning, managing & closing a complex, competitive projects with clients & sales processes
Strong knowledge of payment products, banking industry, & payments industry trends
Strong track record of success in managing, leading & motivating high performing/ quality teams
Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships with all levels including executive management
Tremendous written & verbal communications skills proven in the senior-level corporate environment with a focus on intellectual rigour
Exceptional ability to manage & grow internal & external resources & cross functional relationships
Ability to negotiate business agreements & to enhance existing & develop new business partnerships
Financially literate with an excellent understanding of risk management & strong analytical / decision-making skills. Consistent record of having met challenging financial & business targets.
Strong leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, globally matrixed environment with the propensity to navigate complex structures & empower decision-making locally
Strong commercial acumen & ability to play a leading role with C-level clients that enables building deep & trusted client relationships
Successful negotiation track record to manage complexity & align interest from clients & internal stakeholders. Proven success managing large client relationships & overseeing complex execution
Fiercely collaborative & able to effectively partner with executives at Visa & from Visa's clients to leverage the company's products & services that in turn, enhances Visa's client relationships
Proven ability to drive innovation & lead change in successful top tier companies
Track record of excellence in execution & commitments with results
Superior ability to influence people & work across boundaries to execute highly complex deals with multiple interests involved
An appreciation & resonance around political, governmental & regulatory environments in the UK & Europe would be desirable
- An intellectually curious but humble leader with a high degree of compassion, able to engage, enable & inspire others.
- A hands-on approach to all activities with real passion & high levels of energy. Agile & comfortable adapting to different environments.
- Creative & resourceful in overcoming barriers & unexpected roadblocks. Courageous in spirit, driving change through innovation.
- An authentic leader who intuitively engenders an inclusive environment, enabling the business to reach its ambitious goals
- Possesses high personal standards of ethics & integrity towards employees, stakeholders & customers
- Diversity of thought & experience. Continually seeks new perspectives & feedback, takes an inclusive approach.
- High levels of learning-agility with a real interest in the Fintech ecosystem & a technology / digital-first' approach.
- Entrepreneurial & comfortable with ambiguous & change-led environments; self-confident with an authentic style that gravitates to championing change
- Eager to seek a challenge & expand frontiers; brings a visionary approach. Sets & meets a high bar of goals & principles.
- Servant leadership mentality, deeply committed to serving & listening to others. Natural ability to build strong relationships & enable collaboration through empathy & authenticity.
- Committed to building a community through Visa's Leadership Principles