Kabbage is setting a new standard in big data & FinTech & we are looking for a Senior Corporate Counsel to join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Kabbage is a leading FinTech company changing the way small businesses solve cash-flow challenges. Fully automated & deeply connected with its 185,000+ customers, Kabbage provides access to funding in minutes, extends more than $10 million every day to small businesses, & powers borrowing experiences for some of the largest companies in the world. While we've received numerous awards & recognitionsuch as Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Inc Magazine's Top Private Companies, Glassdoors Best Places to Work, & Forbes FinTech 50it is our people, our culture, & our leaders that make Kabbage such a great place to work.
At Kabbage, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, & do their best work. Our commitment to diversity & inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, & our customers. We are fully focused on equality & believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin & all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
As a Senior Corporate Counsel, you will provide legal support across a variety of corporate & other legal matters, working directly with the companys business leaders & external partners to help the Kabbage achieve its goals & objectives. You will work with the business & the legal team to spot important legal & regulatory issues, develop creative solutions to achieve results & generally provide sound legal advice & direction.
What you'll be doing:
- Work directly with business partners to provide effective legal support for product go-to-market strategies & ongoing operations.
- Negotiate various commercial agreements, including NDAs, vendor & partnership agreements & third-party technology integration agreements.
- Create & maintain various forms of agreement for use within the legal organization.
- Work with other legal professionals to ensure & maintain legal compliance for the company & its product offerings.
- Support handling & resolution of commercial disputes & litigation matters.
- Support other legal matters (subject to experience), such as corporate governance, acquisitions, intellectual property, privacy, labor/employment, marketing, immigration & real estate.
What we're looking for in you:
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning: Able to see & communicate the big picture in an inspiring way; determines opportunities & threats through comprehensive analysis of current & future trends
- Collaboration: Work with a range of people from across the business & communicate effectively through all channels
- Honesty/integrity: Earns trust & maintains confidences; does what is right, not just what is politically expedient; speaks plainly & truthfully
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities & conditions; copes effectively with complexity & change
- Accountability: holds self & others accountable
- Initiative: Actively finds ways to make improvements at work
What you should have:
- Juris Doctor
- Minimum of 8 years legal experience in both firm & corporate environments
- Experience with financial services laws & regulations
- Software licensing experience
- Experience operating autonomously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to juggle & prioritize multiple projects
- Skilled at developing strong stakeholder relationships to influence decisions & serve as a trusted partner & advisor to the broader business
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, we think our people are awesome, so we created the Kabbage Advantageour way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, & exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, & onsite fitness classes.
While our perks & benefits are generous, the people areactuallywhat make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, & resilient. We are proactive, productive, & problem solvers. And we dont do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find humble individuals who work hard to communicate effectively & work collaboratively.
Kabbage is an equal opportunity employer. At Kabbage we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating & separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.