About the Team
At Harry's UK we're small but incredibly ambitious, & we've got big plans for the future. Were fortunate to have all the benefits of a start-up - think fast-paced dynamic work culture, lots of autonomy & hyper-growth - along with the resources & stability that comes with being part of an established global business. We live & breathe our values, & we strive to work collaboratively every day. Our London office is located in the heart of Covent Garden & yes, as a start-up we have unlimited coffee, snacks & as many free shaving products as you require!.
Harrys vision is to build a next generation CPG company, identifying new categories where there are opportunities to better meet consumer needs. The technology required to enable our goals is more sophisticated than first meets the eye. We are building a cutting edge technology stack to support our multi-brand vision. If you are a driven Senior Software Engineer, come join us in our London office & help build the platform that will enable our new vision.
About the Role
We need someone who can step in & do some figurative heavy lifting on our application & step into a coach/mentor role for other engineers on the team. In this role, youll be ensuring that our technical capabilities keep pace with our business goals while keeping technical quality & engineering rigor front of mind. Systems & software you build will help us serve thoughtful & delightful customer experiences in a way our retail competitors cannot.
What you will accomplish:
- Be able to take responsibility for setting the direction & approach for front-end engineering within a squad.
- Work with all the engineers across the squads to ensure that our front-end code reflects our high standards of quality & practice.
- Assists others with their deliverables.
- Able to identify & correct defects in multiple technologies across the stack.
- Will be responsible for the technology of a specific project with responsibility for maintaining quality deliverables by all members on the team. Projects are well designed & meet operational goals.
- When working autonomously, use the opportunity to create exemplars, frameworks, or other auxiliary work products to enhance the ability of others to work autonomously or in collaborative teams.
- Work closely with Product & Design to ensure that user-facing features are executed in a way that accurately reflects the intention & eye for detail of those teams, while still applying our standards & rigor to that process.
- Build high-quality, high-value software, & be an advocate for front-end technologies across the engineering team.
This should describe you:
- You are a web application developer, who has thrived in a startup world before.
- Have 5-7 years of experience engineering front-end systems.
- Can demonstrate close working relationships with back-end engineers & understand how best to integrate a front-end toolchain into a modern web stack.
- Have a keen eye for design detail & have demonstrated they know how to build & maintain a healthy relationship with Product & Design teams.
- Hands-on experience with ES6 & Single Page Application Frameworks, React is a huge plus.
- Ideal candidate has experience working on NodeJS applications & TypeScript
- Someone who is excited about delivering high quality products.
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, & the world around you.
- You thrive on direct, honest, & supportive communication
- You are pragmatic, & understand the trade offs in making technical & architectural decisions.
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, theres nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Software Engineering Manager on the London engineering team.
- Working with the new brands engineering team.
- Cross-functionally working with our infrastructure services backend engineers.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.