Squarespace is seeking an Investor Relations Lead to support the companys efforts in building & executing the investor relations program. They will play a meaningful role in supporting the program & maximizing shareholder value by helping drive education of our long-term strategy & business model via effective communication. This will be achieved by the team telling a cohesive & data-driven story about our strategy, positioning, value proposition, financial results, & operations to the financial community including new & existing investors, shareholders, & research analysts.
This role will work cross-functionally across Squarespace, including legal, accounting, FP&A, product, marketing & communications, to gain a strong fundamental understanding of our business & ensure the company is successfully communicating its strategic & financial positioning with the investor community in a unified message. This is a highly visible opportunity where you can have a measurable impact at a leading technology company.
This role reports into the Head of Investor Relations & Corporate Development & is based in New York.
- Build out Squarespaces IR capabilities by executing an effective & world-class investor relations strategy via crafting & articulating the long-term vision & constantly improving our communication, strategy & outreach
- Support the creation of materials including: earnings press releases, scripts, Q&A, investor presentations, fact sheets, financial & legal back-up, pre-event preparation, post-event reporting, transcript reviews, SEC filings, as well as other ad hoc analytical & presentation requests (including Board materials)
- Support the Companys participation in investor & analyst events such as conferences, meetings, non-deal roadshows, including logistics, background materials & the preparation of senior executives
- Help manage & continuously improve our communication & targeting strategy with equity research & investor relationships by maintaining detailed notes, summarizing highlights, & logging interactions
- Review analyst models, identifying key underlying assumptions & themes, & build relationships with sell-side associates while maintaining the consensus model
- Stay ahead of financial trends & shareholder issues that could affect our business, including monitoring & reporting on competitors research reports, public investor engagements, news, earnings & other relevant sources
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Companys strategy, operations, & financial history & consistently stay current on the Companys business initiatives & financial performance metrics, supporting the team with modeling, data/industry analysis, & relevant insights
- Collaborate & build relationships across internal functions to facilitate two way flow of information & ensure key strategy & investor messaging is reflect in all external materials
- Collaborate with & manage third-party service providers, including those for the investor relations website, surveillance, & targeting.
- Minimum 5 years of investor relations or equivalent experience both in a publicly traded company & equity research
- Strong & detailed knowledge of financial statements, equity valuation models, & capital market trends
- Ability & comfort working independently across cross-functional internal teams & external relationships
- Superb communication skills, both spoken & written. Able to create engaging investment messages across all audiences
- Deep understanding of Reg FD & other SEC disclosure rules, regulations & filing requirements
- Worked with technology companies, preferably software, SaaS, and/or consumer Internet, with particular understanding of key performance indicators
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent judgment/discretion, mature personality, high integrity, team player, strong work ethic & intellectually curious
- Expertise working with GSuite, Excel & other IR specific tools & applications
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.