As a member of our email marketing team youll be given the freedom to make meaningful & measurable improvements that will reach millions of people. Youll join us at our beautiful Amsterdam HQ & work with some of our industrys smartest people. The designer we are looking for is:
Youre a designer that fiercely advocates for the customer & you know that the best products are built upon the foundation of great user experience.
Youll work with other designers & developers, product managers, copywriters, & user researchers to create campaigns that bring the greatest amount of value to our customers & aids them in making the most of our products & platforms.
Youll collaborate with teams to conceive, analyse, design, & test ideas, & will have the opportunity to impact & shape how we market our products via email & other channels.
An enthusiastic problem-solver
Youre a designer who craves challenge, & youre excited by the prospect of creating emails sent in 40 languages to an audience of millions located in over 200 countries.
Youll work with teams in a holistic product development cycle to generate & prioritize ideas for campaigns & then guide the design, development, implementation, & testing phases throughout each project.
Youll employ your expertise in HTML & CSS to build individual emails as well as contribute to our email design system, & work with other email designers to help them refine their craft skills.
An adaptable strategic thinker
Youre a designer who understands the ins & outs of email marketing with a proven track record to show it, & you can bring your strategic insight to bear on the broad range of communication we send every day.
Youll work with product managers to design a cohesive marketing program, defining mid- to long-term strategy & translating it into immediate tactical execution. Youll create marketing campaigns for a global audience, identifying & targeting segments of our subscriber base & inspiring millions to travel & experience the world, & help find ways for that same inspiration to reach future customers.
Responsibilities & Expectations
For this role, you should have at least five years of experience as an email marketing designer.
Additionally, were looking for a proven track record of successful implementation in design, development, & marketing strategy, illustrated in a comprehensive portfolio of work.
Your core responsibility will be in combining your knowledge & expertise with the goals of our business to deliver a world-class customer experience to our diverse subscriber base. Youll do this via the application of:
- Visual Design: Youll create wireframes & mock-ups using your preferred tools (Sketch, Photoshop, etc.) for concepts to be used in vision creation & concepting, user experience testing & experiments, & final production builds.
- Design Systems: Youll use our email design system in your daily work & will contribute to its evolution via the authoring of guidelines, the creation of new components, & advocating for its use throughout the company.
- Email-specific HTML & CSS: Youll implement designs created for marketing campaigns, writing robust code that is compatible with the wide range of email clients used all over the globe. Bonus points if youre already familiar with the Hybrid Email Development methodologyits what we use!
- Production Management: Youll assure the quality of your work via comprehensive testing using tools like Litmus, use our own templating system throughout the development process, & manage your work via Git version control.
- Data Analysis: Youll take a data-informed approach to measuring the work you do, gathering both qualitative & quantitative data through experiments & user experience tests, & will use what you learn to adjust strategy, expectations, & goals for your projects.
- Cross-discipline Collaboration: Youll work alongside designers, developers, copywriters, & product managers to create well-thought out marketing projects, & will take on feedback & critique to iterate on projects & build great customer-focused products.