VaynerMedia in EMEA is flying. We are 130+ strong & doubled in headcount during the pandemic. Our clients include TikTok (social AOR, run out of London), Durex, Tinder, Kraft Heinz, WeWork, Indeed, among others. Weve been running multiple local market campaigns - integrated media & creative, creative only, media only - across NL, France, Germany, Italy, Spain & there are more on the cards, which is why we are growing our presence in Amsterdam.
VaynerMedia Amsterdam is opening shortly, primarily to partner the many EU clients we have. We love Amsterdam - its an incredibly creative, innovative & exciting market. It has diverse talent representing many different countries & communities. Its the perfect hub for our EU operations. And of course, its a great city. We believe in launching in a market bottom up - with incredible local people who understand & are excited about the Vayner Way shaking things up, & building credibility & fame through our work.
We are creative & media in equal measure because both are equally important in developing effective communications. A lot of our work in-house (with our own production, edit & motion teams) because execution is key to effectiveness. We believe 100% that brands can be built on digital platforms & part of our model is built bottom up, flipping the traditional advertising model & process on its head. We dont play to agency/industry norms & our culture & energy reflects that.
We have an incredible client list across the UK, EMEA & Globally. Our ideas live & breathe in organic & paid social but also fully integrated campaigns including TVCs, radio, press, OOH (you name it were there). Our difference? We learn fast - from what we see & how our audiences really act, alongside cultural cues to create our integrated campaigns.
Infused with the DNA of our founder, we pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit. Being an independent agency affords us the freedom to be bold & stray from convention. It also allows us to pivot quickly, which is key to succeeding in an ever-changing market. We believe that brand is built in social & that if brands listen to consumers, see their real time behaviour, know culture & platforms better than anyone, then we will build the most effective brands in the world.
But ultimately we are people people. We are skills first rather than where you studied & who you know. Were here to change advertising so we thrive on free-thinkers with big ambitions.
Sound like you?
Looking to make the move & step up into a leadership role? Then this could be for you. We're looking for an ACD to join the creative leadership team as we expand into Amsterdam. You'll be the go-to creative for our founding account, leading creative teams with a focus on the best work possible. Guiding & shaping great ideas that hit the client briefs & make us all proud. Adept at presenting, you are able to work alongside client partnership teams to build & grow clients. You're used to negotiating your way to the best creative answers for the campaigns whilst keeping clients on side. But that doesn't mean you won't challenge & know how to defend the work with grace & meaning.
You are able to guide teams & love crafting concepts & campaigns that motivate & connect across campaigns & media. Your experience will have added a depth of understanding of both written & visual language to your core skills. You will have creators & creative teams around you, as well as working with visual partners be they creators, designers, editors & filmmakers, & you love making the most of their skills & drawing a team together.
This role is for our founding client in Amsterdam, its fashion & beauty at EU level. You will join a fast growing team, supported by the London HQ to establish this big-name client & help place VMAmsterdam on the map. That means we wont have space for egos, you will be a key personality in turning the ignition, with the drive & want to see what you can add & how far you can grow. Your ambition is the difference.
- Development & delivery of creative solutions initially for one key client but ultimately for a variety of clients & industries. This includes both executing work on your own as well as managing & approving the work of your assigned creative teams.
- Supporting your ECD/CD to mentor & manage creatives & creative teams, including designers, writers & creators.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to develop a high variety of ideas that meets creative & strategic criteria (client briefs, feedback, client KPIs)
- Ideate & conceptualise high-engaging thinking that reflects brand's aesthetic & style guidelines; maintaining aesthetic, tone, & brand consistency across all deliverables
- Foster positive relationships among the internal brand teams, the creative department, direct reports, other agency partners, & clients.
- Act as quality control & brand steward for junior level team members & liaison between your team & your manager
- Significant advertising experience, developing & creating TTL, digital & platform-specific social campaigns.
- Ability to carry out a concept from start to completion, & guide those on your team to do the same. Executing & delegating as needed.
- Years of experience creating campaigns that motivate & connect
- Able to spot the seed of an idea & understand how to nurture & enable it to grow into an impactful, change making campaign
- Strong knowledge of platform/industry/creative trends & best practices. Must be able to translate this knowledge into articulating & strategically applying to creative executions.
- Experience evaluating teams with the ability to supervise & train employees on an ongoing basis.
- A talent for wearing multiple brand hats & switching easily among brand voices.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Proficiency in gathering learnings & insights from platforms, consumer feedback & culture to make concise, relevant recommendations.
- A strong hands-on knowledge of the big social media platforms & their specific abilities/limitations. You play on the platforms & understand their differences.
- Love the thought of challenging the advertising industry, embracing change & be a keen adopter of new strategies & techniques
How we will support you:
We know talent is our most important asset & our people guide our work & our culture. The last year has challenged us like nothing before, & we are committed to providing the support & flexibility needed for people to do their best work & have fun doing it. We are an open minded bunch & we value diversity of thought & experience. Every person we hire will make us a more creative, innovative & happier agency. You are always welcome to bring an idea or opinion to our work & our ways of working.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members & job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
This role will have in-agency work requirements. Candidates must be authorised to work in the Netherlands & live a commutable distance from Amsterdam.