The Ginger Summer Intern Program is a 10-week paid internship program located in San Francisco, CA. During your internship, you will be integrated into a team where you will work on various projects to help Ginger fulfill its mission to make high quality mental healthcare possible for everyone. Interns will have the opportunity to participate in weekly cohort meetings, team outings & events, & engage in discussions with Ginger leadership. If you want to be in a true learning environment & are eager to make an impact in your next internship, this is the place to be!
Join the Security Engineering team!
Security is of paramount importance at Ginger. We help people better manage their mental wellbeing by providing a comprehensive team of coaches, therapists & psychiatrists via a simple-to-use mobile app. Safeguarding sensitive information is critical to our continued success. The healthcare regulatory & compliance laws such as HIPAA further makes security a very high priority for us. From the CEO down to each individual developer, everyone views security as a personal responsibility. As a Security Intern, you will have the unique opportunity to hone your security skills by contributing to the companys top priority security projects.
As an intern, you will:
- Improve automated systems & develop scripts to improve our metrics & visibility.
- Learn & use security-related tools to help protect Ginger members.
- Identify risks & report to teams of mobile, web & infrastructure engineers.
What we expect:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security or similar discipline.
- Youre fascinated by information security, cyber security, or technical risk management.
- You already have some technical depth in a few of the following areas: iOS, Android, Web Services, SQL, Python, Linux, Docker, and/or penetration testing.
- You have a fun & positive attitude, & like working in teams who will challenge you to excel!