Santa Monica, CA
We have 3 core values: Do the right thing. Do what works. Be kind.
Pivotals Story VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile & lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, & infrastructure with organizations core expertise & values. Our cloud-native platform & suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the worlds most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds & with greater business agility. We optimize for change & teach next-generation developers to create & build new solutions, & are committed to open source & open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development & innovation, & our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each & every project, & are guided by a purposeful missionto transform how the world builds software.
We care deeply about recruiting & developing exceptional talent. Pivotal seeks to add new voices & perspectives to our vibrant community because we know it leads to the most innovative solutions & most successful teams. We hire for empathy, collaboration & excellence. Learn more about what Pivotal is doing to cultivate our community - D&I @ Pivotal.
You have a strong passion for leading Agile & Lean methodologies to sell & execute on world-class product development. You will be critical to expanding & supporting the team of amazing Pivots at Pivotal Labs, & help shape our thought leadership in the product development space.
Pivotal Labs is Pivotal's consulting team, & a recognized leader in modern software development practices. We work with many of the worlds most influential companies, including some of the leading financial services companies, helping them not only build great software, but fundamentally create a culture of innovation. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management & collaboration tool used by thousands of agile teams worldwide. Our approach is informed by over 20 years of experience & continuous improvement, & blends agile/XP, lean startup & user-centered design.
Working collaboratively with Labs Executive leadership to define & reach targets such as revenue & utilization. Partnering with Sales & R&D teams to drive adoption of Pivotal software products, as measured by project-level adoption & product bookings. Lead & manage a local leadership team consisting of associate directors & managers & coach reports based on 360 feedback & professional development plans. Work effectively with the sales organization & ensure office leadership is qualifying sales leads & supporting Sales organization in closing business.
- Support a team of client liaisons (CL) for engagements you are responsible for
- Scale agile to work in parallel across many clients & many teams
- Set up clients & teams so that they can operate with a high degree of autonomy & self-organization
- Set & manage client expectations
- Stay updated on project health
- Play an active role in getting a project to a healthier place when not healthy
- Check in on project team morale
- Keep relevant client & Pivotal stakeholders updated on current status
- Ensure quality & best practices across all projects
- Manage staffing of team members on projects in collaboration with CLs
- Manage & communicate status of projects, gathering intelligence via Client Liaisons, clients, & Pivots for all teams
- Develop & maintain a healthy team by ensuring local management team has guidance &
- Identify & support career development opportunities
- Promote Balanced Team at Pivotal: integrate & enrich development, product design, product management, & data science cultures internally
- Advise all salespeople on how & when to sell product development services
- Create & negotiate proposals & SOWs
- Actively recruit & own relationships with Startup leads
- Keep relevant CRM systems updated (Salesforce, etc.)
- Represent Pivotal Labs in scopings, sales calls & follow ups
- Partner with recruiting organization to define strategic approach to recruiting & support appropriate growth
- Work effectively with the larger Pivotal Customer Success Organization (CSO) to ensure a consistent & supportive approach to client relationships.
- Have a deep understanding of the value add of our Product offerings & a cursive knowledge of their technical aspects. Understand where our Products can help customers & provide feedback to the Product teams on how our solutions can evolve.
- Reach out & represent Pivotal to relevant communities, & lead the conversation around our ideas & practices via blog posts, meetups, & conferences.
- Strong business acumen & problem-solving skills with the ability to influence internal & potentially external stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communication, presentation & interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate & build relationships with CxO level personnel
- Must be effective working independently & in a team setting
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage competing demands
- Previous experience running a consulting business & working directly with clients in a delivery role specifically with a PM/Design/Engineering background
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.