BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
BuzzFeed is looking for an Associate Social Media Strategist to join our team in Los Angeles/ New York. You will work on publishing & strategy for the Tasty Video Social Team, but have a hand in all social platforms. You will use data to inform decisions & will work closely with the Lead Strategist to ensure content is being published across all video platforms. You are passionate about social media & food & should be able to summarize why certain videos pop off, why they didnt perform as well & why they are worth sharing! You also are not afraid to experiment on each platform to reach the success of the channels & expand on top performing videos.
We are currently working remotely, & we expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in 2022. After re-opening, candidates will be expected to come into the Los Angeles/ New York office.
- Plan, schedule, publish, & analyze video & distributed content releases across Facebook, Instagram & YouTube.
- Provide social approvals & handle Tasty related publishing requests
- Use knowledge of online video & platform best practices to present our videos in the most shareable way, helping them to have the biggest reach & influence
- Monitor discussions, posts & comments across multiple social accounts
- Communicate & brainstorm with Tasty stakeholders to achieve goals & meet deadlines, analyzing & reporting on social performance, trends, & new opportunities.
- Help maintain the cheery & collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude & obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending & talking about on the internet
- Report to the Lead Social Strategist
- This is job requires 1+ years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand
- Social media experience & data analysis skills
- Experience with how titling & thumbnails can affect a videos performance
- Deep enthusiasm for experimenting with content & strategy to increase for important metrics
- Be a self-motivated person who isnt afraid to carve out new responsibilities for themselves
- Understand Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc., & why content on those platforms became popular
- Have a positive, curious, playful disposition
- A genuine love for & excitement about the internet
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.