Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
The mission of the Core Platform team is to build a mobile platform that enables innovation & throughput at a high rate of speed & efficiency. We put quality first as we deliver constant incremental innovations. Join us as we work to deliver a vision of 1 hour release times, a fully-autonomous modular feature architecture, & a mobile-first backend for the frontend.
As a Senior Mobile Engineer, you will lead feature development across a variety of tools both internal & external to create a seamless automated development environment embracing the latest & greatest in a 100% swift codebase. You will collaborate with feature engineers to encapsulate mobile tooling into internal SaaS frameworks in a sandboxed environment. You will be a force multiplier & enable those around yourself to achieve 10x their potential.
At Compass You Will:
- Create & refine high-performance mobile apps that push the limits of mobile technology to solve a real-world problem
- Build novel real estate products for agents & consumers that help get their jobs done & run smoothly
- Design, architect, & implement well-tested code in Swift codebase.
- Develop a product mindset when it comes to stitching together.
- Mentor junior developers, lead the implementation of features, work cross-functionally to unblock your team
- Work closely with our product & design teams to customize the Compass experience for the iOS platform
- Analyze & optimize UI & back-end application code for efficiency & performance
- Carefully evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Carry out code reviews to guarantee code quality
What We Look For:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 7+ years' experience developing mobile applications for iOS environment.
- Strong CS fundamentals (algorithms & data structures) & problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of software design patterns & iOS best practices
- Ability to collaborate across engineering & design teams
- Ability to recognize & implement modern product design
- Team players who can be solutions-driven while collaborating without ego
- Experience with Swift & iOS ecosystem
- Experience with tools such as:
- Cocoapods/Swift Package Manager
- Reactive Programming
- CICD pipelines
- CLI interfaces
- RESTful APIs
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community, different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!