Senior Software Engineer
Customers have changed.In the new Subscription Economy (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo)customers are happier subscribing to the outcomes they want, when they want them, rather than purchasing a product with the burden of ownership. We believe that one day, every company will be part of the Subscription Economy.
Zuoras leading SaaS subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to a subscription model & open new revenue streams.Our growth story is far from over & our Engineering team is pivotal in shifting & supporting the way the world does business.Were looking for an innovative Senior Java Engineerto build the next generation of our cloud-based multi-tenant platform services.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our growing platform team youll be responsible for full system development including design, coding, & deployment of our platform services. We define Platform as the underlying software infrastructure that is mission critical to us internally as well as to our customers. Youll take on challenges like providing a uniform querying layer that joins multiple database technologies as well as projects that include extending Zuoras data model by allowing per-tenant schema modifications of standard objects with extra fields. Youll also tackle our event & notification system that captures all changes to Zuoras business objects, which is a near real-time data synchronization framework that transfers Zuora data to external systems, 3rd party systems & much much more.
What youll achieve:
- Design & develop highly flexible common components & APIs that enable the build of custom solutions that will be used across our company
- Interact with software architects & senior developers to design application modules using object-oriented design methods
- Design & construct integrations allowing the exchange of data with remote systems using Java,Ruby, or Python RESTful services
- Work closely with QA engineers to design, implement & build & test automations using JUnit, Apex Test Methods & Selenium
What youll need to be successful:
- 7+ years of designing & implementing innovative & exemplary B2B & B2C applications using JVM based technologies
- Working knowledge of modern web technologies including cloud based APIs & protocols (SOAP, REST, JSON)
- Experience developing innovative, groundbreaking apps on a PaaS with strong database & object modelling skills
- A passion & and knowledge base for exploring & experimenting with the latest application development technologies
- Disciplined self-starter, able to be highly productive both working alone & in close collaboration within an agile development team
- Tons of great ideas, the ability to bring them to life (or sometimes fail but learn a lot in the process) & a love for solving hard problems
- BA/BS in Computer Science or similar technical degree or equivalent experience
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models & acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates & orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing & revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career & leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate & innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility & accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isnt an empty branding effort our ZEOs love working here & it shows in our 4.5+ rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, & stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet & Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai & Tokyo.