Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Virtual Ops Lead to join our Virtual Care Team team in our Tempe, AZ office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As we grow out our Virtual Primary Care offering, were looking for leaders to assist a Care Team in managing a panel of patients with a virtual first mindset. Youll be working with a Care Team of MDs, Advanced Practitioners, & Nurses to provide collaborative care.
As an Operations Team Leader you possess a passion for people & connect those you support to our organizational vision, values, & purpose. As an ambassador of feedback, you recognize that both positive affirmation & constructive coaching are necessary to improve personal & professional performance. Responsibility is something you seek rather than avoid. Oscars member experience is your north star. You set clear expectations around healthy habits & are disciplined around driving exceptional employee & member outcomes.
You are approachable, humble, & profoundly positive. You invest in others, providing experiences to expedite skill-building & development. You are committed to collaboration & selflessly support your peers. You appropriately challenge systems, processes, & strategies that create obstacles for your teams & members. You are an early adopter of change & are never content with the status quo.
As an Ops Lead, you will report directly to the Operations Manager.
- Driving your teams metrics, including member satisfaction, quality of care & employee satisfaction.
- Coaching direct reports to provide the best member experience & care possible.
- Serving as a central communicator -- leading team huddles, promoting vision & strategy, & providing feedback to members of the team & company.
- Manage day-to-day needs of your team, including hiring, training, payroll & scheduling.
- Review & improve the quality of your team interactions with members
- Act as central communicator, leading huddles & bi-weekly meetings to ensure team has the information & inspiration to do their job at a high level of proficiency
- Identify trends & create solutions to impact cross-departmental functionality
- Be available as needed to help resolve member issues & escalations.
- Perform all other tasks or additional responsibilities as necessary.
- At least 3 years of experience leading & supporting a growing team
- Experience with process improvement.
- Prior healthcare or service experience.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with a diverse set of people
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Strong proficiency navigating Workday, Excel, JIRA, & SQL.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.