Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
The Product Design team is a group of highly-collaborative strategic thinkers & problem solvers who are focused on finding ways to improve the experience of using Rent the Runway. We are so excited to expand UX Writing at RTR! This person will be the second writer to join our team & will have a big impact on what we say & how were saying it.
About The Job:
Were in search of someone creative that can help wrangle words throughout the RTR experience across web, app, email, push, & sometimes even offline. Someone who can iron out the wrinkles over different channels & isnt afraid to add some sequins when the occasion calls. This person will have a big part in shaping the way we speak with our community, bringing clarity, personality, & moments of fun into our product.
What Youll Do:
- Write clear, consistent, concise copy (e.g. in-product education, landing pages, notifications, emails & more). Were talking everything from what buttons in the app say to how we market Rent the Runway as a whole.
- Collaborate with designers, product marketers, product managers, & engineers to build meaningful & human experiences
- Get to know our community inside & out & show how your content recommendations fit with both customer & product goals
- Effectively manage multiple projects & deadlines
- Find smart ways to use data & research to evaluate & improve our language choices
- Influence whats being built by being actively involved from the brainstorming process all the way to shipping final features
- Partner with the Content team to help maintain language guidelines that are in line with Rent the Runways overall brand & voice
- Youve got a background in writing or design with 3+ years of experience. A portfolio showing off your work is a huge help!
- Youre curious, considerate, & inclusive. An empathetic thinker that is committed to keeping the people on the other side of the screen in mind.
- You are equal parts big picture thinker & detail-oriented.
- You embrace brevity & simplicity & have a sharp wit. You know when to be direct, & when its okay to have a little fun.
- Youre a storyteller, editor, & design thinker who knows how to read the room & create compelling content that empowers & encourages our members.
- You understand how copy & design work together & how words can influence the overall experience. Familiarity with Figma or other design tools is a big plus, but not a prerequisite.
- Youre an advocate that anticipates customer needs & addresses them in a thoughtful way.
- You love both strategy & hands-on writing & editing. You understand the why behind the message can be just as important as words themselves.
- You thrive in a fast-paced organization, take initiative, & are energized by challenges.
- Youre adaptable & can roll with the punches on a growing team that moves quickly.
- Youre a great cross-functional collaborator, able to give & get feedback from designers, product managers, marketers & other key stakeholders
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.