Vimeo Analytics platform enables video creators to get detailed insights into their video usage by providing granular level statistics of its viewers on how, where & what content or part of video has maximum reach - helping video creators to produce even more engaging content.
As a fullstack developer, you'll use your background to provide video analytics backend API to various Vimeo teams & platforms. Youll work alongside our API & application engineering teams in the implementation, maintenance, & evolution of newer data-rich stats products for Vimeo users.
Youll be part of a cross functional team solving video analytics challenges using skills sets such as Data Engineering, backend & front-end solutions.
What youll do:
- Drive technical & architectural planning
- Work with the product managers to come up with requirements for new stats features.
- Define accurate & performant database schemas, & build the sql queries & caching strategy to interface with the Realtime Video Analytics backend.
- Help build trust between the various teams & stakeholders & constantly look for business impact.
- Continually maintain & improve the analytics infrastructure, through configuration optimizations, monitoring dashboards, health checks, alerting, & remediation automation.
- Propose ideas & test new solutions to improve the quality & performance of the system.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Expertise in PHP & at least one other backend programming language (Go, Java, NodeJs etc), ability to pick up new programming languages as needed
- Experience with large datasets & caching mechanism
- Proficient in data modeling techniques & SQL programming
- Some experience with serialization & building RPC Services (Avro, Thrift, Msgpack, Protocol Buffers)
- Familiarity with concurrent programming techniques & multithreaded architectures,
- Familiarity with the Linux environment & shell scripting
- Solid CS background: algorithms & data structures, application of complexity theory, ability to formulate trade offs based on the problem youre trying to solve
- MS degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
Bonus Points (Nice Skills to Have, but Not Needed) :
- Experience with Kafka, Spark, Spanner, BigTable
- Experienced in real time analytics *Huge Plus!
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe & India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.