Group Nine is looking to hire a Junior Accountant for the Finance team. This person will report directly to our Accounting Manager & will be responsible for supporting all businesses under the Group Nine umbrella.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries including corporate accruals.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts & maintain account analyses.
- Reconcile daily cash accounts.
- Responsible for daily cash reporting.
- Assist with the month end close processes & adhere to deadlines.
- Assist with property tax filings.
- Monitor & reconcile the fixed assets monthly.
- Responsible for preparing payroll journal entries & working closely with the Compensation manager regarding any discrepancies.
- Coordinating & working closely with the different Group Nine departments during the month end close.
- Ad-hoc projects as needed.
- 4 year degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Excel (use of v-look ups & pivot tables)
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, both oral & written.
- Organized, detail-oriented, good time management skills & able to balance multiple priorities effectively.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Be able to be flexible & deal with an evolving industry.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity & inclusivity. Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, & tea. Who needs anything else?
About Group Nine
Group Nine reaches more people on mobile than any publisher in the U.S. Our mission is to tell great stories that spark action & make a real difference. With nearly 45M Americans engaging with our content every day [source: Nielsen Digital Content Ratings, January 2019], Group Nine's brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans ages 18-34 every month [source: Nielsen, December 2018]. Audiences spend nearly 3 billion minutes a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; Thrillist, the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. In 2017, Group Nine acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion & Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.