The development team at Pluralsight works closely with our Product team to create a best-in-class customer experience online & expose millions more to the Pluralsight brand. As the leader in professional online developer & IT training, we are always looking for skilled & passionate software crafters who will strengthen our team by bringing practices which are in line with our values & can work full time in one of our offices in South Jordan.
The successful Apprenticeship candidate will be open to learning & growing on our full stack development teams.
Ways we work:
- Software Craftsmanship - we want to be proud of our work. come to utahsc.org
- Test-Driven Development - we take responsibility for our code without QA engineers
- Pair programming - we value collaborative development
- Continuous Delivery - teams independently ship code to prod every day
- Kanban & Lean - no more backlog grooming, no more T-shirt size estimating
- Continual improvement - we take time to sharpen the saw & adjust how we work
- Autonomous & responsible teams - making their own product & dev choices
- Cross-functional teams - collaborating through all phases of the product dev process
- Customer research - we build what our customers actually want
- Trusting leaders - who trust us to create & don't impose deadlines or features
- Solid technology - of the team's choice, for the right job
- Software Development training, through formal coursework, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with other programming languages
- Familiarity or interest in test driven development & pair programming
- Experience and/or interest in the software development life cycle
- Basic understanding of building RESTful Web Services
- Ability to interact well in a team environment
What we create with:
- Node.js backend
- Declarative UI - react
- Functional state management - redux
- JS modules - es6, cjs
- CSS modules - <3
- Single-page apps - stateful clients, client routing, rest/graphql
- Accessibility - semantic markup, aria, a11y audits
- Github - src control & PRs
- Databases - PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis
If you are interested in knowing more about our company, our development style, please join us at the Utah Software Craftsmanship Group (http://utahsc.org/) & get to know our team.
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 & trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations & individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft & take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles & become scalable, reliable & secure. We come to work everyday knowing we're helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us & our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, & we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics & trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, & peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds & experiences, & united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.