Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays & lunch on Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
About the Role
Harrys is seeking an accomplished Finance Manager with experience in Supply Chain to join our Financial Planning & Analysis team. This role is located in Harrys New York City office.
This role is responsible for leadership of Supply Chain finance on a day-to-day basis as well as critical project work. Your primary focus will be to bring both energy & increased transparency to our distribution & logistics costs & related margins. A successful candidate will bring their expertise from an established consumer products company to develop the role from the ground up. You have a start-up mentality, & can bring both a strategic viewpoint but still be willing to roll up your sleeves & create analysis & reporting on distribution costs, units & margins & drive continued partnership & enhanced decision making across the business.
Here's what youll accomplish:
- Drive increased visibility & new insight to our cost of goods including distribution & logistics costs & warehousing spend across our various channels
- Implement a broad suite of reporting & analytical process & tools focused on improving margins, including the development of new reporting & analysis of COGS by unit, channel, category & business line
- Manage the annual budgeting process & forecast updates for our Distribution & Logistics team
- Develop, produce & maintain financial reporting information for the leadership team, including variance analysis & explanations
- Partner across our business & be the go-to resource for financial information on distribution costs & translate impact from operational implementation to income statement impact
- Improve existing process, influence & guide our supply chain & operations teams to make financially-informed investments & decisions across the board
- Serve as expert & intermediary between Global Supply Chain & our Finance team
These might describe you:
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, business, or economics
- 3+ years of experience in supply chain finance or a combination of supply chain finance & commercial FP&A roles. Experience in a CPG company preferred
- Strong understanding of supply chain operations, P&L/balance sheet relationships & capitalization accounting. Knowledge of key processes including setting standard costs,drilling into unit economics, portfolio reviews & capital allocation.
- Ability to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers
- Knowledge of Adaptive Planning Suite & SAP S/4 Hana are a plus
- Strong Excel & Powerpoint skills
- Intellectually curious & willing to ask constructive but probing questions to understand the business
- Superior communication skills & the ability to collaborate with all levels of an organization
- Strong team player with eagerness to learn & add value to the organization
Here's who you will work with:
- Working on the FP&A team, with strong cross functional collaboration with the distribution & logistics teams, brand teams & our manufacturing operations
- Key partner to our Supply Chain Leadership team & significant exposure to VP+ leadership & the COO
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We cant quantify all of the intangible things we think youll love about working at Harrys, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart & humble team youll get to work with, & our supportive & inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size & industry, & are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits & our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $107,200-$147,400, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidates location, skill level & experience.