As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa's Data Platform Operations is responsible for 24x7 Production Support of over 200 ETL applications running 600-thousand batch processing in a month with 10 thousand codes & 2.1 Million Business Rules. It maintains a Data Warehouse of over 8 Petabytes of Data. The team also delivers over 500 research requests in a month. There is 24x7 on-call support as per roaster which is 40hrs/week work.
- Responsible for leading production support for extract, transform, load (Hadoop Eco System) applications that run large distributed batch processing involving petabytes of data
- Work with Vendors, different teams to perform root cause analysis, & identify permanent solutions to fix problems as needed
- Review & validate Change install plans & strictly adhere to the processes & guidelines relating to change, incident, & problem management
- Lead & collaborate problem bridges with others from different functional & technical areas & escalating as needed to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Automate processing & ensuring timely execution, delivery, & availability
- Responsible for identifying knowledge gaps & providing technical guidance to team members as needed
- Provide updates & contribute to the team's knowledge repository
- Identify improvement opportunities, & build Automation as well as engaging in performance tuning & data fixing activities
- Participate in to capacity planning activities.
- Build & enforce code standardization.
- Build dashboards for SLA/OLA.
- 4+ years hands-on experience in 24x7 production support in large distributed batch data processing environment involving petabytes of data.
- Strong technical knowledge in developing, testing & supporting applications in HADOOP, HIVE, PIG, HBase, Spark/Java/Kafka.
- Experience with shell scripting, Java scripting & any other scripting languages.
- Experience in code turnover using version control tools like Jenkins.
- Strong analytical skill to analyze code, understand business rules & trace data following the process flow to investigate data related issues.
- Ability to run problem bridges collaborates with others from different functional & technical areas & escalates timely to get help to resolve problems within time.
- A quick learner to learn new technology, application or tools & ability to cascade the knowledge to others.
- Strong verbal & written communication Skills.
- Ability to research solutions to various business & technical problems, evaluate alternatives & be able to present recommendations & justifications to management.
- Ability to prioritize & perform multiple tasks simultaneously & deliver on time with quality.
- Strong process adherence to follow change, incident & problem management processes.
- Build tools to automate production support activities that enable efficiency & productivity of team in day-to-day activities.
- Flexibility to work in shifts & during weekends & extended hours when needed.
- Strong self-motivation, sense of ownership & ability to retain focus under stress during crisis situation.
- Strong business ethics, self-discipline & trustworthiness to handle sensitive confidential data in live production environment.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science or a related degree