Peloton is looking for an experienced & passionate software engineer with strong technical foundations in authentication protocols to join our User Platform Team. We are looking for an engineer to join this new team & help develop & ship new products.
The mission of this team is to provide a best-in-class authentication platform that enables the creation & continued access of millions of user accounts, as securely & as seamlessly as possible.
The teams vision is to provide One-Click secure access to all applications across a broad range of technologies such as web, mobile, smart TVs & connected fitness products, and to realize this, we need curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. We seek to enhance user profile security by introducing advanced capabilities such as geo-based anomaly detection, brute force protection, malicious bot detection & more.
The team partners with many others across the company to help drive growth & engagement of Peloton's member base. It is one of the most central & crucial pieces of application in the Peloton ecosystem. So, if youre a big thinker who is nimble & adaptable, Peloton may be an ideal place for you to shine!
What You'll Do
- Lead the design, implementation & delivery of large engineering projects that interact with multiple teams
- Ideate & innovate on complex software solutions
- Analyze logs & metrics to uncover attacker techniques & apply solutions to prevent them.
- Engage with customers & support when required to solve production issues
- Develop analytics capabilities to understand customer insights
You are an innovator in the Identity & Access Management space, who consistently explore opportunities to improve the authentication experiences of our customers. You are an experienced engineer who knows how to translate requirements & concerns from cross-functional stakeholders into pragmatic technical solutions & deliver them to production. You enjoy building scalable & quality software through rigorous code reviews & automated testing in an iterative fashion. You are also proud of your attention to detail, sense of ownership & the quality of your work.
- In-depth knowledge of Identity & Access Management (IAM) protocols & technologies such as OAuth, OIDC, SSO, JWT, Session Management, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with one or more object-oriented programming language like Python, Ruby, Java etc
- Excellent understanding & experienced with common threat vectors, including strategies to detect, mitigate & prevent them.
- Knowledgeable in cloud infrastructure & technologies, including their trade-offs related to security, performance & scalability.
- Strong understanding of secure engineering concepts that can be applied to coding practices & code reviews.
- Clear grasp of AuthN & AuthZ concepts.
Nice to Have
- Experience working in the space of customer identity & access management (IAM) for consumer-facing tech products
- Experience with API Gateway technologies
- Experience with on-prem or SAAS based CIAM platform
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.