Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels in visual recognition, solving real-world problems for businesses & developers alike. Founded in 2013 by Matthew Zeiler, a foremost expert in machine learning, Clarifai has been a market leader since winning the top five places in image classification at the ImageNet 2013 competition, & predicts more than 1.2 billion concepts in photos & videos every month. Clarifais powerful image & video recognition technology is built on the most advanced machine learning systems & made easily accessible by a clean API, empowering developers all over the world to build a new generation of intelligent applications.
Clarifai raised a $30 million Series B in 2016 led by Menlo Ventures, Union Square Ventures, & Lux Capital. Existing investors include Google Ventures, Qualcomm Ventures, NVIDIA Ventures, Corazon Capital, LDV Capital, Osage University Partners, & New York University.
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing & hiring a diverse workforce.
We are looking to hire an amazing Legal Counsel that hates over-lawyering, is an excellent communicator & loves to approach legal issues with positive solutions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Negotiating & drafting contracts with federal & commercial customers & partners.
- Guide Clarifais position, providing expert & strategic legal guidance on all matters impacting the sale organization.
- Prioritize legal knowledge sharing, mentorship & coaching with to the organization.
- Advise executives on standard & novel transactions related to sales, business development, marketing, customer success, finance, people, business operations, privacy & security.
- Operate autonomously to manage simultaneous contract negotiations, outside legal disputes & other legal matters assigned.
- Work closely with external legal teams.
What We Expect From You
- Significant in-house experience as a legal counsel responsible for owning government contracting & legal strategy
- Technology company experience is required.
- Ideally would have intimate knowledge of the governments Federal Acquisition Requirements (FAR).
- Service-oriented approach to the position of in house counsel, approaching challenges & risks with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong ethics & integrity. You take accountability for your actions & for your teams actions.
- Exceptional ability to evaluate & prioritize tasks based on evolving business needs.
- Substantive experience & a high level of proficiency with:
- Negotiating government/commercial/partner contracts
- Negotiating & drafting complex technology agreements
- Labor & employment-related matters & agreements
- General corporate law (equity understanding a plus)
- Intellectual Property, especially establishing & running a patent program
- Managing outside counsel & costs
- Planning & processes
- Negotiating rights & licenses to our customers or partners data
- Resourcefulness & ability to educate yourself on new areas of the law & keep up to date on ongoing changes in the law.
- Strong belief in our Core Values.
- J.D. from an accredited law school.
- State bar member in good standing