CLEARs mission is to strengthen security & create frictionless experiences. We believe you are you & by using your biometrics your eyes, face, & fingerprints we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, stadiums & venues nationwide. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a persons digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk & restore peace of mind.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses & our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
Were looking for a Director of Corporate Development to help accelerate CLEARs growth even more quickly through mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, investment opportunities & strategic partnerships.
As a founding member of this team, youll help support CLEARs growth strategy through identification, assessment, execution & prioritization of inorganic opportunities across both existing & new commercial verticals. As an integral player in how we execute against our corporate strategy, youll help evaluate & recommend how we accelerate growth via build vs. buy trade offs. To accomplish this, you will constantly analyze CLEARs strategic landscape, gathering competitive industry intelligence, & sourcing, evaluating, negotiating, & executing on potential transactions as a key driver of growth.
What You Will Do:
- Support CLEARs growth through M&A, joint ventures strategic partnerships & investment, developing long-term financial & operating metrics to improve business performance
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop insight into root drivers of growth & opportunities to inorganically accelerate our roadmap
- Develop & maintain a deep understanding of emerging external technologies & trends, including potential targets, serving as an advisor to stakeholders throughout the company on the best market intelligence
- Build deep networks & strong relationships both internally with CLEARs leaders & advisors, as well as externally with founders, investors & influencers
- Build & lead cross-functional deal teams, working closely with Finance on deal structuring, negotiation, due diligence, & integration efforts for acquisitions
- Negotiate & structure complex partnerships that provide the opportunity for strategic investment or eventual acquisition
- Build scalable processes & best practices for our Corporate Development function
Who You Are:
- 8-10+ years of relevant experience in investment banking, private equity, management consulting, strategy and/or corporate development
- Minimum of 2-3 years at an operating business in a corporate development, strategy or similar role, ideally in a product-driven field
- Highly motivated, combining exceptional strategic thinking, superior executive communication skills, project management, managerial experience, good business judgement, & quantitative skills
- Demonstrated hypothesis-driven problem-solving orientation with exceptional ability to create structured quantitative & qualitative analyses
- Excellent presentation/communication skills, with the ability to distill complex analyses into executive-level insights & recommendations
- Significant experience in leading cross-functional teams to execute all aspects of transactions including direct experience in M&A diligence negotiation, execution, & integration at a fast-growing, mission-driven company