Company Description|Job Description
Optimizely is the world's leader in digital experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce & campaigns through its best in class experimentation platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product, marketing, & engineering professionals to accelerate innovation, increase velocity, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 20x. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely's impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times & many more global enterprises.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we're quickly expanding our global presence with offices in New York, Austin, Amsterdam, London, Cologne, Munich, & Sydney.
Optimizely's Data Platform is the core foundation of our Experimentation & Personalization products. The platform is built on a modern technology stack that operates at a scale of billions of events per day, enabling leading brands to accelerate their impact on the world by turning data into actionable decisions.
We are looking for an experienced product leader for our Data Platform & the analytics products it powers. A few of the areas you will own:
- The results experiences & APIs that give customers a real-time view into the performance of their digital experiments on the metrics that matter most to them.
- Our industry-leading Stats Engine that allows customers to understand the impact of their experiments & take action with confidence.
- The data ecosystem services, such as analytics integrations & Data Warehouse connectors, that help customers connect their experimentation data with the rest of their ecosystem to supercharge their analysis workflow.
- Algorithmic personalization, using emerging machine learning techniques like word embeddings to help companies provide relevant, targeted experiences
Why is this exciting for you?
This is a unique opportunity for you to shape the future of Analytics for the leading Experimentation platform in the world.
- You will work closely with a team of engineers, ML/data scientists, designers, statisticians & product managers to deliver analytics experiences that operate at web scale
- You will have regular customer interaction with analytics leaders from the world's most recognizable brands.
- You will be a public facing evangelist for Optimizely's Analytics & Stats Engine.
- You will partner cross-functionally with our Go-to-Market teams to launch new products & close business.
- You will have the opportunity to lead, inspire & foster a culture of deep customer empathy within your team & beyond.
You will succeed if you have:
- 6+ years SaaS product management experience, preferably working on analytics & data visualization products.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor/manage other product managers
- Strong technical background -- you'll need to be comfortable working with senior engineers to make large-scale product, infrastructure, & roadmap decisions.
- Experience partnering with customers, design, engineering, & go-to-market teams to define a strategic product roadmap.
- An analytical mindset. You approach problems from an inquisitive & scientific perspective. You are comfortable running quantitative analysis to help drive decisions but you also know how to balance quantitative & qualitative insights.
- Great communication skills. Asking questions, listening & driving group decision-making.
- An understanding of the data science and/or web analytics landscape, supported by a background in statistics & experience with A/B testing & experimentation techniques.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial or leadership activities.
- Experience in Machine Learning / AI is a plus.
- Wellness Grant
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay & deductible. HMO, PPO, & HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, & vision
- Unlimited vacation policy & seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team & having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion & embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.