Note: The right candidate will be based in Toronto. This candidatewill travel to Montreal for launch & then be back in Toronto (and then visit as needed).A key component of this role is experience conducting business in French in Montreal.
The right Market Development Manager loves a fast-paced environment with ambitious targets. The successful candidate will be a well-rounded, genuine person who has the passion to hustle like nobodys business & deliver extraordinary results.
- Sourcing new potential clients, initiating contact & developing relationships.
- Finding, pitching & closing accounts. Basically, rockin-it out there, in pursuit of achieving #1 status in the category!
- Building a sales strategy to grow business within new territories & execute at light speed
- Deliver extraordinary customer service to all accounts. Building loyal & positive relationships at a local account level
- Anything & everything that can go wrong with an account is yours to own, work through & come up with creative solutions while enlisting team support
- 5+ years of experience in Field Sales or Account Management role
- University Degree preferred
- History of success hitting the streets to close deals
- Proven success being accountable to sales targets & KPIs
- Demonstrated empathy for merchants, vendors & other stakeholders
- Creative solutions-driven mindset, with a get things done attitude
- Ambitious & fearless
- Bonus points for existing relationships within the restaurant industry
- Entrepreneurial spirit - pride yourself on seeing it through & executing with excellence
- An innovative mindset - you are extremely creative & constantly looking for ways to improve upon things
- A charismatic people personality - flexible, fearless, & excited to help build something awesome & share it with the world
- Authentic & sincere - Can we throw you in any conversation & youd thrive? We work with a range of cafes, restaurants & QSRs. You should be able to kick around any conversation & make others feel comfortable.
- Competitive salaries we strive to pay top market compensation
- Every Ritual employee owns equity & becomes a shareholder
- Health coverage & life insurance plans to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy work hard & take time when you need it
- We eat our own dog food Ritual credits provided daily to use towards coffee & lunch
- Work with truly elite peers in a super-fun office
- Be at the heart of the growth startup community