Account Manager, Global Accounts, Walmart Media Group
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands & retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, Save Money. Live Better, we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted & accountable & we have Walmarts sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart & our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online & offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmarts overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, & agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmarts in-store & online data, extensive reach, & to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing & buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, & convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking experienced sales professionals to help build & sell Walmart Media Groups advertising solutions to our key partners benefiting from our proven conversion driven & brand building solutions. Youll contribute to a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid & dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; & problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
As an Accounts Manager for the Global Accounts team at WMG, you will be responsible for helping to grow strategic advertising partnerships with some of the world's largest brands. We work cross-functionally with Walmart Ad Sales, Product, & Category Marketing teams. Externally, we work with suppliers' Brand Managers, Analytics, & E-Commerce teams, as well as their National Media & Shopper Marketing agencies.
Key Accounts Managers focus on 2-3 accounts each & report the Key Account Leads. They need to excel in problem solving & process executors. The ability to follow through on projects & maintain accountability is extremely important. The position requires experience working on a cross-functional, revenue-generating team within a complex organization.
- Develop strong supplier relationships & manage the day-to-day need, plus quarterly planning & communication cadence for selected Key Accounts
- Build & execute strategic plans to grow advertising revenue from suppliers based on a deep understanding of the suppliers business goals & marketing objectives
- Help build the Global Accounts service practice through professionalism, establishing process, creating real customer value, & driving revenue for the team
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to lead day-to-day relationships & work with management & multifunctional teams to respond to supplier needs. Excellent follow-through & no hesitation in ensuring accountability across teams
- Meticulously detail-oriented project management to ensure we increase the strength of our relationships with key suppliers & their investment in Walmart advertising
- Familiarity with analytics, advertising data/tech, & DMP technologies, paired with strong analytical & quantitative skills, problem-solving
- Resourceful in maneuvering through a large company while working in a nimble & fast paced environment ability to adapt & thrive in any business situation
- Excellent follow through to see projects/tasks from beginning to deadline
- Willingness & desire to be a key individual contributor & strong team player
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, presentation skills along with cross company & partner collaboration skills. Ability to be clear, concise, & effective in communication.
- Capability to work proactively under pressure & handling multiple ad hoc requests
- High level of comfort escalating & presenting key issues to management
- Tactical & strategic thinker to help influence suppliers investment in Walmart media/advertising
- 3-4 years of strategic partnership, customer success or account management experience in media or advertising
- 3-4 years of digital media or advertising experience, preferably from an agency or within a sales organization
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 5 years of strategic partnership, customer success or account management experience in media or advertising
- 5 years of digital media or advertising experience, preferably from an agency or within a sales organization
- 2 years or retail or e-commerce experience