Type: Full Time
Min. Experience:Entry Level
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. Our advanced AI platform delivers relevant, actionable information alerts in real time. We detect the earliest signals on real-time risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management for public & commercial sector organizations across the globe.
We've grown to over 500 talented employees across eight global offices & raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together & have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us & help the world operate in real time.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who can (1) monitor & analyze the quality of our data feeds; (2) keep up-to-date on key developments & assess the impact of real-time Dataminr signals; & (3) be the in-house expert on breaking news.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Journalism, Communications/PR, International Relations, Political Science, Public Policy, Government, Economics, Regional Studies or Foreign Language
- Demonstrated interest in breaking news & world events (relevant internships as well as campus positions at the University/College newspaper experience are a plus)
- Foreign languages desired, but not required: Mandarin, Arabic, Russian, Turkish, Persian, Spanish, French, Korean, Japanese, Thai or Malay
- Ability to monitor & analyze data quickly
- Passion for technology & a great understanding of social media
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Self-motivation & an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively within a team
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered meal
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards torace, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.