Refinery29 is the leading media & entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, & live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration & tools to discover & pursue a more independent, stylish, & informed life.Please visitRefinery29for more information & to browse content. You can also visit ourFrench,German,US, andCanadianeditions.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment & passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, & claim their power.
About the team:
Content spearheaded by the Commerce team refines the global marketplace with creative storytelling that is expertly researched & crafted to convert R29s smart, driven, & stylish readers into loyal shoppers.
About the job:
The Lifestyle Writer will expand on shoppable service & experiential content for millennial women across home, travel, experiential, & deal-hunting categories. With a pulse on pop culture, this role will discover, track, redefine, & create market trends sourcing whats next from brands, influencers, Instagram, experts, & all walks of The Market Hunt. Using sharp storytelling & R29s wink, they will educate readers while also inspiring them to shop.
What youll do:
- Write 2-3 shopping stories per day (original content, trending pieces, & updates)
- Collaborate with the Commerce & Editorial teams to execute fresh, elevated, voicey, & shareable content
- Work with Commerce Director to meet monthly revenue goals through shopping performance analysis
- Represent R29 at market appointments, affiliate meetings, & applicable press trips
- Conceptualize innovative features, landmark series, & SEO-driven content within the revenue-driving vertical
- Conduct interviews with industry leaders & influencers
- Maintain PR & affiliate relationships to stay ahead of trends, brand launches, & revenue opportunities
- Produce 1 shopping newsletter a week
What you have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant experience at a publication or digital media company where you focused on travel or lifestyle categories & shopping writing
- A positive, intuitive, proactive, & collaborative mindset that is eager to push shoppable content to the next level
- Market knowledge & an understanding of R29s unique voice & style POV
- Excellent written, verbal, & creative-vision skills
- An organized ability to work on & meet timely deadlines
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable working with a fast-paced, high-volume team
- Someone who enjoys problem solving in an ever-changing environment
- A motivated self-starter