Experience: 3+ years
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
Youre an engineer who has a science background or has worked with scientists running experiments, implementing production quality state-of-the art algorithms, & exploring large data sets. You are passionate about having a positive impact on the world. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems in AI & are a passionate builder of solutions that directly contribute to products. You want to advance the state of the art by working closely with scientists to implement novel approaches, & have the skillset to develop engineering solutions to solve real problems in production, at scale.
- Work directly on all aspects of science problems with other members of the AI team: from inception, brainstorming, & reading of scientific literature, to data exploration & implementation of methods created in-house, & productization of these methods.
- Work as liaison between the AI Group & engineering teams across the company in defining the right production delivery channels & processes for state-of-the-art algorithms & models (via APIs, libraries, etc.).
- In addition to production code, create prototypes & demos, iterating quickly while making savvy choices to ensure that approaches chosen from the literature or developed in-house can scale & are implemented for optimal performance.
- Work with the team in solving specific problems at scale in one or more of the following areas: NLP, Information Retrieval, Complex Networks, Recommender Systems, Computer Vision, Machine/Deep Learning, etc..
- Work closely with a diverse, interdisciplinary team to deliver value to customers (existing & new products).
- Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), finding solutions that work in practice & have significant impact.
- Senior candidates are expected to lead technical areas and/or people.
- M.S. in Computer science. Ph.D. studies in any field a plus.
- Industry experience (2 or more years) as an Engineer or Data Scientist required.
- Experience in one or several of the following areas: Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Knowledge Representation & Management, etc. Experience in Python, Java, Scala or similar languages.
- Expertise with machine learning & deep learning tools (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, etc.) for experimentation & deployment.
- Experience working with scientists, reading technical research papers, & implementing state-of-the-art methods in production.
Why you should work here:
We recognize & reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- opportunities to own & drive important critical projects.
- individual Learning & Development fund & professional training.
- generous leave & flexible hours.
- daily catered lunch & a fully stocked kitchen.
- And more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards torace, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.