Position: Engineer | Location: Glasgow, London | Type: Perm/Contract
Previse works with large corporate buyers to get their suppliers paid instantly. Our InstantPay technology is powered by machine learning to precisely identify which invoices will be rejected so that the rest can be paid instantly.
We are bringing instant payment to the $125trn of B2B commerce for the first time. By partnering with some of the largest companies in the world we helping to generate cash for small businesses to invest & grow.
We are looking for an Engineer to join our London or Glasgow office.
- You will work with our development team, building out our core platform
- Youll be involved in the full lifecycle, & will be encouraged to contribute ideas & improvements at each step
What Youll Do
- Contribute to the design & build of business-critical functionality
- Work closely with the development team to share & rapidly iterate on ideas
- Maintain high standards across the platform & product
- Continuously find ways to improve the platform & our technical approach
- Strong understanding of functional & reactive programming (we work with Clojure however experience with other functional languages would be considered)
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Cloud deployment
- Development against NoSQL/SQL Databases
- Experience across the full stack
- Strong coding standards & practices - test-driven development
- ClojureScript experience would be useful
Who Are You
- A strong engineer with a passion for computer science
- A natural affinity for working in a dynamic startup environment
- Comfortable adopting a collaborative approach to problem solving
- Able to deliver results autonomously & optimise for output
- Driven by business goals
Our culture is hugely important to us. We pride ourselves on our energy, passion & commitment, regardless of your specialism. Our success is driven by collaboration we solve problems together & our openness helps each individual grow. In order to thrive at Previse, you need an inquiring, scientific mind & an enthusiasm for constructive debates. Were looking for straightforward people with fresh insights & the tenacity required to deliver value.
We thrive on debate, candour & collaboration, because when different voices are heard, understood, & appreciated, great work will happen. At the same time, we know were part of an industry that isnt perfect in this respect, & we particularly encourage women & members of minority groups to join our team.
Previse is a fun, impactful place to work: we take our mission very seriously, but not ourselves. Come & do the best work of your life here with us, & help correct a significant global problem.
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited Holiday
- Flexible working
- Trust & autonomy to make decisions & execute
We are rapidly growing & looking for passionate people to join us; please reach out for more details.