Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: software is eating the world. That statement is just as true today as it was ten years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, & few industries are immune. Peak behind the code & you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader & they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software & the businesses that will power tomorrows economy. Research the industry & you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2021.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big & small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems & processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa & other emerging markets & placed them as full-time, embedded members of software development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gores venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative, & Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live & breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world & act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people & then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
You are excited to represent Andela to a wide variety of candidates across levels of seniority & thrive in a multi-functional role in innovative environments, solving key issues enabling recruiting functions to thrive & aiding in finding & empowering top talents. You have strong analytical & time/project management skills. You are a confident self-starter & a results-oriented individual excited by the mission that you apply your skills towards. Youll partner closely with the Recruiting team to optimize the job roles in focus.
About the role:
As the Senior Technical Recruiter, you will execute hiring for elite talent across the globe for our own Technology, Product, Data, & Design teams - & partner with key stakeholders across the organization. You bring the ability to understand how to match talent to the most relevant opportunities, assess candidates skills, weaknesses, & potential for growth. To succeed at Andela you must be able to thrive in a dynamic & developing environment, work closely with multiple high-level stakeholders, & manage a high volume of open roles at once.
- Sourcing & Outreach: Proactively identify, recruit & hire talent through the use of LinkedIn, Networking, sourcing referrals, boolean searches, etc.
- Full Cycle Recruitment: Manage 360 degrees of the recruitment pipeline - from profile ideation, outreach, screening, interview panel coordination, scheduling through to offer & close.
- Stakeholder Management: Continuously work with Hiring Managers to align on core competencies of all open roles & how to measure them accurately & effectively. Proactively guide internal stakeholders towards best hiring practices.
- Candidate Management: Strive for exemplary service to all candidates, providing for the highest level candidate experience. Advise & guide hiring managers to properly manage candidates through the pipeline in a timely manner.
- Applicant Tracking System Management: Actively identify talent currently within our database. Maintain meticulous data within Greenhouse. Properly manage prospects & guide hiring managers through proper systems use & internal system communication.
- Network & Referral Management: Identify opportunities to further develop & tap into current Andelans social & professional networks. Develop & coordinate events that draw potential talent to the Andela brand both online & in-person.
- Coach & develop: Ensure that all members of your team are up to speed on the latest developments within the sales hiring organization so that all are well equipped to meet hiring expectations.
- Understand & Use Data: Tell stories with data to ensure Hiring Managers understand your process & approach. Utilize data to allow for a clear understanding of your efforts.
- Agility: Ability to take on other types of roles outside of sales as needed.
- 4+ years of recruitment experience in either full cycle corporate recruitment experience or agency experience
- Experience recruiting tech for a start-up using Greenhouse preferred but not required
- Experience actively sourcing & attracting talent across various platforms (such as LinkedIn, Vettery, social media, & others)
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization
- Proven senior level relationship management skills as well as the ability to manage up & influence without authority
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel in a complex & developing organization