Booking.com is the worlds #1 accommodation site & the 3rd largest global e-commerce player. Our diverse team, 17,000 strong, is united by a single mission: to empower people to experience the world. Whether in our Amsterdam HQ or at one of our 200 offices worldwide, we work hard to help make more than a million travel dreams come true every single day.
The department you will be working in coversa wide range of finance processes, amongst others billing, payments, purchasing & vendor invoice processing & financial accounting in Amsterdam & in the finance hubs across the globe. We are building future proof finance operations, which are agile, scalable & data driven. All is based on our SAP platform, but also on best in class applications like Blackline or Readsoft & the leverage of robotics (RPA).
We are looking for a Project Manager to help us organize & manage a growing portfolio of small & large initiatives that need to be executed on time & with good quality. These initiatives include Post Merger Integration activities. We have seen increased activity in this area & want to extent our expertise & focus here. Proven track record in this field is a plus!
As Project Manager, you will coordinate & manage complex technology & business critical initiatives (like integrations) that may span across finance domains or multiple departments. You will work closely with people of diverse functional backgrounds (a.o. Finance Systems, Finance Product & Technology, Treasury, Global Credit Control, Tax, etc.) & will be based in Amsterdam.
Your goal is to structure, plan, coordinate, & enable individual teams/departments to execute, while keeping the overall objectives & success in sight. We seek a strong stakeholder manager who will take full ownership & accountability for projects with a global scope.
If the idea of building & scaling up, managing complex stakeholder groups & helping the business achieve its roadmap is exciting to you, this may be your next career move!
Own the successful delivery of the end-to-end project lifecycle
- End responsible for the timely delivery of the project/initiative(s)
- Define project scope & success criteria aligning with business objectives
- Understand milestones & impediments. Tracks & report progress, manages overall timelines, dependencies, risks & issues & monitor interdependencies (within & outside project)
- Create clear project plans together with involved departments & collaborate with cross functional teams to identify & build action plans
- Enable team members & leaders from involved departments to make quality decisions
- Hold project members accountable for the delivery of their part of the project
- Engage stakeholders at all levels inside & outside of the organisation
- Supports building of PM capabilities within the organization & other teams
Experienced project manager with 5 - 7 years with a proven track record in managing the full end-to-end project lifecycle on technology & business projects.
- Hands-on work experience in finance operations and/or accounting
- PMP or Agile Project Management or equivalent certification is preferred.
- Proven ability to navigate & execute projects in agile environment, without over-engineering things
- Enjoys a fast paced, dynamic environment & able to work under pressure
- Pragmatic, able to solve several impediments by him/herself & can-do mindset
- Solid understanding of change management & able to guide people through change
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Post-Merger Integration experience is preferred
Communication & relationship management
- Strong communicator who can deal with ambiguity & conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work with, influence, & align with multiple stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- Able to drive collaboration across teams & stakeholders
- Skilled negotiator who focuses on win-win solutions to tough challenges
Organised & structured
- Organized, with a natural inclination for planning, & capable of responding to change
- Acute business acumen & understanding of organizational issues & challenges
- Result oriented & customer focused
- Proven analytical & problem-solving skills with excellent organizational agility & able to meet tight deadlines & prioritize in a rapidly changing environment.