We are seeking a Senior Technical Consultant to join our Customer Success team. In this role, you will be engaging with our customers post-sales to develop software solutions on the Appian platform. These applications help companies drive digital transformation & competitive differentiation. Your primary responsibilities will be to help lead projects, implement & build applications on Appians low-code automation platform, & work closely with our commercial clients.
What youll do:
- Immediately impact clients by partnering throughout the entire life-cycle of projects to define, design, develop & implement custom software solutions using Appians low-code platform.
- Led discussions with external clients to understand their business processes & technical needs.
- Propose conceptual technical solutions & make changes based on the clients feedback in an Agile environment.
- Design, build & launch new relational data models in production.
- Develop APIs to integrate with multiple systems.
- Drive adoption by empowering clients to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own.
- Establish & implement metrics to optimize team delivery & measure business agility in terms of predictability, reliability, & adaptability.
- Collaborate with clients technical teams & business users as needed throughout the entire software development life cycle.
Youll be successful in this role if you are:
- Skilled at working with clients to define business processes & gather functional & technical system requirements
- Not an order taker; asks why questions & solve the right problems
- Passionate about technology & enjoys continuously learning
- Successful on cross-functional teams; has built products using agile methodologies
- An excellent communicator & is comfortable presenting to both technical & non-technical audiences
Education & Travel:
- 5+ years of experience with hands-on software development or technical consulting
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or related field/degree
- Willingness to travel; 50% to support customer engagement
- Agile software development practices, pair programming, stand-ups, planning sessions, & sprints
- Experience working with relational databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, IMB D2, or AWS Aurora.
- Knowledge of relational database design or database modeling
- SQL skills - writing queries, joins, views, etc.
- Knowledge of software testing practice; Test-driven development, setup & execution of automated test suites within a continuous integration framework
- Web servers & application servers such as IIS, Apache HTTP Server, Tomcat, & JBoss
- Experience developing integrations using APIs such as REST & SOAP, JDBC connections, & web services
- Amazon Web Services (AWS); Artificial Intelligence (AI), Analytics, Machine Learning, Google Cloud, Application Integration, Database, Developer Tools, Management & Governance, & Elastic Containers
Appian is an infrastructure product - not a luxury product. Our customers rely on us for mission-critical business process & case management. There is inherent stability in working for a company providing an enterprise software solution that is solving some of the worlds toughest business problems today. It is Appian's unmatched speed, power, & ease that we are continually improving our internal use & feedback loop with our Product Managers. We are proud to have earned a position on The Washington Posts Top Workplaces list for the last sixth consecutive years.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.