Create is a venture studio backed by 20 of New York City's most successful founders (GLG, SLT, Moat, Dia&Co, Crunch, Manhattan Mini Storage and more). Create rigorously ideates, tests, refines, and launches new businesses.
About Costume Shift
Create has identified an opportunity in the Cosplay space, which is a multi billion dollar market. The concept is a B2C marketplace for creating, sharing and connecting with the Cosplay community.
Create will fund CostumeShift's seed round.
The lead for this business will have the same full-stack accountability that you would find in any co-founder position. First and foremost this means developing an amazing product/service that customers and creators love.
- Provide leadership and run all areas of the business, including strategy, product, marketing & sales.
- Act as a champion for the business with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Own and manage day-to-day operations.
- Align resources to achieve key business results.
- Support in the refinement of CostumeShift's mission, vision, and values.
- Define go-to-market strategy and approach for CostumeShift.
- Establish short and medium term goals for a successful company launch, and execute against them.
- Own scoping, building, and iterating on an MVP.
- With the support of Create, recruit the founding team.
- Own the P&L and cash flow, and manage burn for the business.
- Oversee and manage early sales/marketing cycles, and lead all early sales/marketing efforts.
- Build strategic partnerships that will support and drive company launch and growth.
This co-founder will work with Create's team and report to CostumeShifit's Board of Directors.
- Experience with product, growth, or engineering within marketplace businesses
- Experience with leading teams in early stage ventures
- Comfort with business diligence, business analysis and business plan development
- Experience securing early adopters and growing a customer base
- Concise and effective verbal and written communicator
- Intellectually curious