Our mission is to connect the worlds photographers. Every month, millions of people from around the world use our website & mobile apps to find, share, & get rewarded for the worlds most inspiring photography.
We take pride in the products we ship & love what we do. Our engineering culture values mentorship, ownership, collaboration, & getting stuff done.
Our technology stack includes: Swift, IGListKit, RocketData & Alamofire.
Youll improve the mobile experience across all of 500px, without compromising on performance, usability or accessibility. Youll take advantage of latest & greatest technologies available on the iOS platform to help us build incredibly useful & innovative mobile apps that our users love. Youll bring energy to the team, by being adaptable, productive, & by learning quickly.
What You'll Be Doing
- Participate in technical planning & architectural decision making; turn product plans into code, involving close collaboration with product managers, designers, & front-end web & mobile developers
- Develop ownership over the code you work on, spot problems in your domain, & make sure they get attention
- Independently ensure your code conforms with best practices on iOS platforms, has solid test coverage, & adheres to design requirements
- Collaborate with developers across the entire stack maintain the 500px systems infrastructure & build highly scalable API services
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the existing architecture & major components of the iOS app; form opinions about how to debug & improve them
- Contribute to team productivity by sharing knowledge & documentation
What the Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Solid knowledge of iOS platform & APIs
- An eye for platform-specific user experience guidelines, i.e. familiarity with the iOS Design Guidelines
- Experience publishing native apps to iTunes Store
- Flexibility, & a commitment to fix problems wherever they lie, regardless of tech stack
- Interesting technical challenges
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible hours
- Catered lunches, snacks & drinks
- Great health & dental benefits
- Professional development opportunities
Our Interview Process
- Phone screen: < 60 min conversation with a hiring manager.
- Coding challenge: We'll ask you to write some code, & then share it with us to review.
- In-person interviews: 3 hours at our office where you'll meet multiple members of our team.
We believe diverse teams perform better, & we seek to increase our overall team diversity. We make active efforts to reduce the impact of unconscious bias in our hiring process.
500px welcomes & encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.