What's next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the worlds largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners & curators who share, discover & influence whats new, now & next in music & audio.
The Brand Partnerships team mission is to build long-term client relationships through a demonstrated understanding of key industry advertising verticals, client business goals & challenges, strategic partnership recommendations, mutually beneficial ideas & measureable results. Were seeking a Sales Strategist to support our US advertising business.
As an individual contributor, you will be responsible for influencing customer conversations through strategic storytelling, actionable insights & creative ideas for positive growth & relationship outcomes. You will partner with cross-functional teams to lead the development of insights driven, persuasive marketing solutions for our most strategic accounts, leveraging SoundClouds products & platforms. We advise clients on SoundClouds broad range of custom solutions online & offline to help them build custom, integrated programs that achieve their objectives & connect seamlessly with their audiences.
SoundCloud partners closely with many of the worlds biggest advertisers & agencies to develop digital solutions that build strong businesses & brands. We enjoy a birds eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile & online platforms. We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age.
- Partner with SoundCloud/Pandora sales teams to developcompetitive, persuasive sales/marketing solutions & integrated marketing programs tomeet/exceed Brand & Agency objectives & drive revenue
- Create smart, integrated proposals & sales collateral in response to qualified proactive opportunities & RFP requests; Develop the story, strategically frame approach, develop creative ideas & leverage SoundClouds solution suite, product expertise & internal relationships to bring together these proposals
- Leverage market expertise to help proactively drive conversations with advertisers through big idea thinking & first to market concepts
- Turn SoundCloud & market data into insights to support marketing stories & solution recommendations
- Assume leadership role in creation of ideas & concepts across multiple cross-functional teams, ensuring all relevant teams are activated at the right time during the sales cycle
- Serve as a collaborator between Sales & all of our internal support teams by building strong relationships & working closely with each of them (e.g., Artist Marketing, Events, Design, Ad Innovation Sales, Brand & Content Creative, Legal, Listener Marketing, Research, Revenue, etc.)
- Manage & position communication optimally for the audience/situation at hand
- Present proposals both internally & in client meetings with strong energy & confidence to own the room/conversation
- 5+ years relevant experience in digital sales development, integrated marketing, sales marketing or related media or marketing function
- Publisher or Agency experience preferred
- Proven experience in developing strategic, creative & integrated proposals/marketing recommendations for brands with a digital/mobile focus
- Solid understanding of web & mobile marketing, including advertising sales & consumer marketing
- Experience developing programs utilizing experiential (event-based) marketing preferred
- Can harness a variety of inputs to develop consumer understanding, distinguishing between information & insight;Is able to quickly identify insights that address issues at hand, set the right stage & drive revenue growth
- Experience utilizing syndicated research, including eMarketer, ComScore & Kantar
- Highly team oriented with a collaborative spirit
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal team members & industry partners
- An articulate professional with exemplary written & oral communication skills, as this position is required to develop original written content & the demonstrated ability to present in high-profile group environments
- Highly proactive, solution-oriented, autonomous & resourceful
- Detail-oriented & ability to excel in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Expert proficiency at PowerPoint; proficiency in Photoshop preferred
- Travel (5-10% of the time)
- LOVE OF MUSIC
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform & global community where anyone can create, discover, & share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, & strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.