As a Product Designer at Iora Health, you will play a key role in shaping major components of Iora Healths software platform, lovingly called Chirp, to ensure we meet the needs of our patients & practice teams. While collaborating closely with cross-functional team members, youll be working to understand what our patients & practice teams are trying to accomplish & how our digital tools & systems can support them. In addition, you will partner with Product Owners for backlog prioritization, developing effectiveness measures, & influencing the overall product strategy & process.
The larger Iora Product is a clinical operating systema combination of people, process, & technologythat supports the delivery of exceptional care to each individual patient we serve; while also bringing financial & strategic benefits to Iora Health & our sponsors.
Learn more about our team here.
This is an entry-level to mid-level role for someone interested in making a meaningful difference in the healthcare system while developing their skills & interests in product design. Along with the bullets listed below, ideal candidates have experience in building & improving upon user research practices within a product team & a scrum/agile environment.
As a product designer, you will:
- Be an integral member of a growing product team building & maturing our design capabilities to improve how we deliver our work.
- Work with Iora Healths practice staff & your software development team to research problems & design solutions that elevate the Iora care model, centered around patient, practice, & business needs.
- Work within Ioras Product & Design team to improve, build, & execute user research & user interview practices
- Develop & pitch sketches & mock-ups to support delivery work
- Research new & competing initiatives & coordinate software development with a dedicated team of product managers & engineers in an agile/scrum environment.
- Become an expert in the Iora Clinical Model, impacting the lives of clinical teams & patients across the United States.
- Build awareness & understanding of product benefits among practice staff & patients with ongoing communications & collaboration with our service development & training teams.
- Support monitoring & reporting of user feedback for the roll out/integration of new capabilities.
This job is right for you if you have:
- Intellectual independence & willingness to learn new skills.
- Great interpersonal communication & writing skills.
- Comfort with typical interface design tools (such as Figma, Sketch, etc) & various research, communication, & presentation tools (sharpie sketching, diagraming, spreadsheets, slide decks, etc).
- A keen interest in talking to people about how they go about their day & accomplish their goals.
- A strong desire to see your work improve the quality of peoples lives.
- The ability to contribute to multiple projects to completion in concert with other product managers, designers, & engineers.
- Terrific organizational, problem-solving, & time management skills.
- The ability to be data driven & use measurements in your approach to identifying & solving problems.
Nice to Have
- Experience working in healthcare.
- Experience collaborating with people from various backgrounds.
- Experience working in product design or directly with product designers.
- Experience working in software development using an agile development process.
About Iora Health
Iora Health is restoring humanity to healthcare by building a different kind of health system focused on delivering high-impact, relationship-based care. With a network of primary care practices powered by care teams who take the extra step to get to know each patient as a true individual, Iora provides the unique combination of care, support, & inspiration individuals need to live their best lives.
Iora Healths care delivery model ensures improved service, better health outcomes, & dramatically lowers overall healthcare costs. Iora has rethought every step of the process, including payment, staffing, IT, & culture with the goal of improving the experience & quality of care for everyone. They have completely changed the patient experience by building their teams, systems & practices differently. The culture Iora Health has built, both in their clinics nationwide, & in The Nest (their nickname for their headquarters in Boston, MA) is unique & one of their most valuable assets. They recruit care teams, comprised of a doctor, a nurse, health coaches, a behavioral health specialist & a transitions navigator, from the communities they serve. Today, Iora operates across 48 clinics in eight distinct markets with plans for continued expansion supported by a recent $126M capital raise.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Some of the many benefits at Iora
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Conference attendance
- Continuing education
- Life insurance
- Health savings plan/FSA
- Commuter & parking benefits
- Paid vacation