Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
The Senior Content Manager is responsible for managing custom campaigns (branded content or branded/editorial mix), & is reserved for campaigns that will require a high degree of client involvement & collaboration. This role is project focused but may be consulted or tasked with initiatives to improve systems under the guidance of the director.
What you'll do:
- Act as main point of contact & connecting tissue for sales, production, editorial, client, ad ops teams throughout creation process, ensuring clear communication while setting & managing expectations both internally & with clients.
- Successfully build custom work plans, schedules, & timelines. Secure approval from all stakeholders
- Kick off projects smoothly with correct stakeholders. Ensure full absorption of information
- Recommend custom processes or checkpoints to suit the needs of the campaign (RACI, scrums, etc)
- Act as a client facing presence to represent the work & creative vision. Enforce scope, cost of sale, & schedule as needed. Attend client meetings & calls & act as a member of the client team.
- Coordinate client & talent negotiations with producers, legal teams, sellers & other stakeholders.
- Manage deliverables, day to day operations of projects, & remove blockers
- Utilize project management systems to optimize production workflow
- Escalate stumbling blocks & production challenges to Director of Content Management; work to troubleshoot & find solutions proactively
- Ensure smooth & timely launch of content, coordinating amongst stakeholders
- Take notes in all key meetings & maintain documentation at every step in the process to ensure clear communication
- Hold post-mortems at the end of projects
- Execute initiative based projects as needed
- Instill a continued culture of collaboration & communication in Vox Creative & the revenue organization
What you'll bring:
- 3-5 years experience in a client-facing department, & managing creative campaigns
- 5+ years experience in video creation or management
- Understanding of project management systems & process workflows
- Ability to build custom work plans
- Proven track record of working directly with clients to pitch & defend creative decisions
- A high degree of emotional intelligence, empathy, compassion, & a sense of humor
- A solution oriented mindset
- Ability to communicate across various internal teams IRL & via slack/email
- Ability to multi-task & handle many projects at once
- Responsive, adaptive, flexible, & very proactive approach
- Passionate about Vox Medias editorial brands
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.