Company Description|Job Description
Nexthink is a global leader in Digital Employee Experience. Our product allows enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experience. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation & employee feedback across all endpoints, Nexthink helps IT teams meet the needs of the modern digital workplace.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Australia & the US. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of seven million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
Thanks to our fantastic growth we are looking for new rock stars!
We are looking for a Software Engineer having a background in micro-service & big data architectures for Analytics solutions. You will join our AI team & work on developing core platform systems that perform massive data analysis by feeding data to AI modules & other services. This is a hands-on position where you will design & build production grade components, while collaborating with our Machine Learning Engineers & multiple cross-functional teams.
The position requires a result-oriented mindset, supported by strong experience with big data pipelines & micro-service solutions; any experience with machine learning is a plus. The ability to communicate complicated concepts in simple ways is vital as you will be working in a cross-functional environment.
As part of the AI team at Nexthink, you will be responsible for prototyping & deploying novel distributed data systems, as well as making those systems work reliably production:
- Prototyping architectures, microservices & database schemas in fast cycles of experimentation & consolidation
- Deploying those features safely in a production environment following our processes
- Mentoring our Data Scientists on SW engineering, reviewing their work in Python
- Contributing to the continuous integration development process with best practices, data & code versioning
- Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
- Function: Engineering
- 2+ years of experience building distributed data systems in commercial environments (IT, finance, business intelligence, analytics). Agile, CI/CD know-how is a must.
- Worked on data platforms that were deployed in a cloud environment (backend-side).
- Strong experience with scalable software architecture: micro-services, APIs, container deployment (e.g.: Docker, Kubernetes).
- BSc in Computer Science (MSc is a plus)
- Mastery of any OOP language (Java / C++ / C#)
- Heavy use of Python is a plus
- Some understanding of basic statistics & ML is a plus
- Passion for building a system from the ground up; start-up experience is a plus
- Proven independence & self-drive
- Fluent in English, spoken & written (French is a plus)
The seniority will depend on the level of mastery & experience with big data cloud solutions
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, successful & innovative company. Nexthink allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness & collaboration.