Shutterstocks mission is to provide a global, creative platform that empowers customers with compelling content, innovative tools, & valuable services. Unified in purpose, our fast-paced, entrepreneurial community fosters product innovation & creative problem-solving through a startup-like environment. The energy & commitment youll find here is infectious, & we are seeking a passionate SEO leader to channel this moxie, & develop & implement a comprehensive SEO strategy.
Shutterstock is an SEO-committed company from the CEO on down. Its been central to our growth & success, & the company is committed to doing what it takes to win. We have tons of traffic & tons of data. All thats missing is you.
Life at our headquarters in New York & working with our offices around the world is fast-paced & demanding. And its fun. As a public company, we expect to meet & exceed our targets to achieve success for our teams & the company. Youll have endless opportunities to grow & optimize this foundational channel as well as to help identify new initiatives.
The VP, SEO Growth Marketing will be responsible for leading development of a holistic SEO growth strategy & bringing that strategy to life across a variety of sites. There are two main components to the strategy you will be responsible for developing:
- Attract significant traffic via the development & SEO success of scaled growth-hack strategies -- proprietary technique, UGC, scaled content production, etc.
- Development & execution of SEO best practices relating to our 200 million media assets & high-volume + long-tail SEO traffic & conversion
Youll partner with our talented SEO team & stakeholders across multiple functions, including marketing, technology, product, customer support, sales & the executive team. And youll have endless opportunities to grow & optimize this foundational channel as well as to help identify new initiatives to keep Shutterstock growing robustly, innovating & staying at the forefront of our industry.
- Hold ultimate accountability for organic search customer acquisition goals & organic search strategy
- Develop & implement strategic organic search marketing & product plans to achieve customer acquisition goals
- Partner with the Performance Marketing team (SEM, Media, Affiliate Partnerships) to optimize overall marketing ROI & conversion
- Partner with Product & Creative teams to ensure SEO is a central consideration in product & content creation decisions
- Consistently track key ranking, traffic, & conversion metrics, & deliver clear & concise reporting to Executive management & key stakeholders on a regular basis
- Research competitor activity & market trends to identify opportunities, & provide recommendations based on your findings
- Lead procurement & / or development of customer-facing SEO tools within the Shutterstock ecosystem
Key results - what you should accomplish in the first 6 months on the job
- Achieve organic search customer acquisition goals
- Successfully partner with Performance Marketing to achieve overall customer acquisition CPA & volume goals
- Drive improvements in key ranking & traffic metrics
- 5+ years of experience leading SEO, preferably at a tech company of $1 billion or more in annual revenues
- Demonstrated SEO growth hacking success
- Track record of achieving business results through user-centered SEO
- An understanding of Information Architecture & Conversion Rate Optimization
- Excellent analytical capabilities, with the ability to translate data into action
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Excel, & third party SEO platforms
- Fluency in the fundamentals of web development
- Ability to excel both independently & as part of a team
- Exceptional project management skills & a keen eye for detail
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos & music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week & has millions of images & video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V