Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 75+ in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
Codecademys Systems & Infrastructure teamis responsible for the infrastructure & operations to deliver our service to millions of users learning to code. As a Senior SoftwareEngineer, you will work closely with the developers to build, maintain, & lead a stable, scalable & secure infrastructure. This infrastructure is key to ensure the availability of our platform for the production of content & delivery of our educational experience globally & to millions of learners at any given moment.
We are currently transitioning to a Service Oriented Architecture & are looking for someone to collaborate with us to expedite the development of supporting tools & implement best practices.
What Youll Do:
- Design, implement & support production infrastructure at scale in an AWS environment
- Troubleshoot & resolve issues in production
- Partner with rest of engineering team to detect & mitigate future failures
- Support security initiatives through internal audit, hardening AWS accounts, user management, secret management, & coordinating external audit
- Audit, augment, & maintain the developer experience, including local developer environment, continuous integration, & deployment workflow.
- Collaborate with software engineers to make architectural decisions to enable a scalable, stable & secure infrastructure
- Automate provisioning & configuration of production systems using Chef, Terraform & Docker
- Deploy & maintain monitoring & alerting resources
What Youll Need:
- 5+ years of experience implementing & maintaining AWS services including: EC2, Elasticache, Redshift, Cloudfront, DynamoDB, RDS
- Experience with ECS, SQS, SES, Route 53
- 3+ years of experience implementing & maintaining NoSQL & SQL databases
- Experience with Go, Docker, Ruby on Rails, React, NodeJS
- Experience working closely with development teams
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, Ruby, etc)
- Previous experience handling technical debt
- Previous experience as a system administrator
- Previous experience at a top 100 web property's DevOps Team
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures